R6 Message Net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FOR SALE: Blue 2003 Yamaha YZF-R6. Excellent condition. I bought this bike brand new as soon as it came out in 2003 and it runs and looks as good as the day I bought it. I had the oil changed at the local Yamaha dealer every 3,000 miles, had the valves adjusted at the proper intervals, and had all fluids checked and changed as needed. The paint is absolutely flawless. The bike was never dropped or laid down, always garage kept from day one, washed often, and has always had a fresh coat of wax. I will point out that there is a small scratch on the gas tank right by the seat where my belt caught it once. I tried to take pictures of it but it wouldn’t show up in the picture (this should tell you how small it really is). The bike runs and operates flawlessly as well. It starts right up every time, all switches and levers work perfectly, and it runs just as strong as the day I bought it. I wasn’t afraid to ride it, and the miles show at 36,022 but I assure you that when you ride it you would never know it has that mileage… when you take care of your vehicle it takes care of you. The only other thing it needs is a new rear tire. The belts are not showing but it’s getting worn down to the point of replacement. The reason I am selling it has nothing to do with the bike itself. I have other financial obligations in my life and it is time for the bike to go. If you are looking for a flawless bike that runs as good as it looks, you’ve found your motorcycle. Not to mention the excellent gas mileage it gets during this gas crisis we are having.

MODIFICATIONS/NEW PARTS:
---Micron High-Mount Slip-on Exhaust (Polished)
---Stainless Steel Brake Lines front and rear
---Integrated Rear Brake Light/Turn Signals (VFX Kit)
---Fender Eliminator/License Plate Bracket
---New Chain (Regina ZRP) and Sprockets (Stock Teeth) – put on just a few thousand miles ago
---Yamaha Painted Seat Cowl - Blue (I also have the stock seat)
---Frame Sliders – Black
---Spools – Black (for lifting the rear of the bike with a stand)

I am asking $4,500 and highly prefer PayPal. I will also accept money orders and will need to wait until the funds clear before the bike can go. If you are interested and would like to come see the bike, or have any questions, please contact Mike at [email protected] or on my cell phone at (570) 578-6868. Also, I have more pictures posted on SnapFish (15 pics) so please email me and I will send you an email so you can view them (you will need a free SnapFish account to view them). I cannot respond to emails or answer the phone during the day while at work, but please leave a name and number and I will get back to you around 7 or 8 at night. Thank you!

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.