R6 Message Net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start off I bought this bike off of someone only 2 of the 3 stator wires are used someone’s been in the wiring before and spliced each rectifier wire, also the bike won’t start when hot checked for spark when bike is hot I’m getting spark on all 4 plugs/ all coils I spliced the 3 stator wire together and put in a new rectifier ran the bike revved it, and at idle no voltage change at all I remove the 3rd wire rev bike I get about a .3 increase on the voltage the main issue is when I drive the bike all day and shut it off it only has enough power in the battery to turn over for a couple seconds and doesn’t start almost like both my rectifiers I used aren’t working? Can someone please give me a common problem spot for something like this? Also this is the 3rd battery I’m using an official Yamaha one from neilsons right now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
To check for this ,
  • Start by disconnecting the wires in your bike and switching the multimeter to diode function.
  • Take a look at the positive diode by inserting the positive lead into the bike’s positive diode.
  • Next, connect your negative lead to the stator inputs. You shouldn’t see any readings on the meter yet.
  • Assuming everything looks good at this point, connect the positive diode to the negative lead before connecting the positive lead to all stator inputs. At this point, the meter should show you something, but the specific numbers are irrelevant.
  • Repeat for the negative diode by connecting the positive lead to the negative diode and connecting the stator inputs and negative lead.
  • The meter shouldn’t show any reads when you connect the positive lead and stator inputs.
  • To check the regulator, connect the meter leads to the bike’s battery as it’s running. The reading should not be higher than 14.5 volts or lower than 13.5 volts. If the reading is higher, this means the battery is overcharged and you may need to replace the regulator rectifier.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts