R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, selling my 12sec A4 and planning to pick up a r6. Have plenty of expeirence on bikes. I was wondering what kind of times i would see out of a r6 with light mods. Prolly with just a exhaust for awhile. 0 to 60 and 1/4.

btw- Are these things capable of 10.9s?

·
Eli, please ban winter
5,768 Posts
2000 R6 - 1/4 Mile: 10.99 sec @ 125 mph
0-60: 5.06
80-100: 5.49
Top Speed - 153

All from the Sport Rider website

·
Chase
906 Posts
Thrak said:
They are as capable as the rider on them...
so...you think I can get into the 8s?....I think I can
(note sarcassm)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hhmm, those 0 to 60 times don't seem right. My car on pump gas is faster. If they run 10.9 the 0 to 60 should be alot lower.

·
student/pilot/boyfriend:(
3,174 Posts
12secAudi said:
Hey guys, selling my 12sec A4 and planning to pick up a r6. Have plenty of expeirence on bikes. I was wondering what kind of times i would see out of a r6 with light mods. Prolly with just a exhaust for awhile. 0 to 60 and 1/4.

btw- Are these things capable of 10.9s?
Where are you selling your audi? how much are you looking for. PM ME

Is it black?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure how to pm here quite yet, just joined today. Yeah, its a black B5 Apr stage 3 car.Looking for 14.5k

Anyone have any more ideas on times?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Been riding for years. Really have got into sports bikes much, but riddin everything from 50s to busas to trials. Im more looking for stock times, those 0 to 60 cant be right.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Stock is mid to low 3's... all depends on the rider though...

The cool thing is that more displacement doesnt really make the 0-60 time faster because you're limited by trying to keep the front wheel down... :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys, about what speed do the bigger displacment bikes start to pull ahead? 70mph? And other then exhaust, whats another non expiensive mod to speeds these things up?

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
12secAudi said:
Thanks guys, about what speed do the bigger displacment bikes start to pull ahead? 70mph? And other then exhaust, whats another non expiensive mod to speeds these things up?

Over 100...

And the bike is fast enough stock... ride it for a bit before you start modding... I think you'll be surprised. Work on the rider because those skills can transfer from bike to bike.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts