R6 Message Net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2000 r6 with 34 000km and when I start out the bike bogs. Huge for about 5-10 min will not go over 8km/per hour
Eventually it kicks in and drives fine my bike has a k and n filter yoshi pipe and jetted and thoughts the yamaha dealer says it might be
The tps sensor
Any ideas ? Please help
Thanks corey
and to add
well heres the other kicker,
I do let the bike warm up to operating temps.
and this happens all the time, intermittinly, usually the bike will rev at 3,000 rpm when i have the clutch in netural, as i ease the clutch, the bikes goes back to 1500rpm.
and if i start out on a incline the bikes usually bogs under load.
i talked to the yamaha tech that worked on the bike for the past owner, and he also said the tps reads proper. and i ask if the carbs were serviced.
he also said that the number 1 cyclinder might have a 40% blow by( i have a good mechinac friend that will confirm that)
Please please help.
thanks again
corey

·
`99 R6 owner
119 Posts
did you do a compression test?. do you smell or see any gas leaking out of the carbs?. cause i have a 1999 with a similar problem. but mine does it when i go over 60/70mph. check the engine oil for any gas mixed with the oil.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem on my '00 model, mine happens till 2k revs, then its fine right thru, but its more exaggerated when its cold.

Did a full service, oil, oil filter, plugs, fuel filter and carb sync.....and the problem's still there.

Please lemme know if you guys make any head way with your problems.

Fabian

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m Having the same prob. Just bought a 2000 R6 and the bike Lags big time under load. If pull the clutch and build up revs it just dies till I pull the clutch and rev it up. But all I’m doing is coasting off the revs I just built. It’s driving my insane. Hope it’s an easy fix

1 - 4 of 4 Posts