R6 Message Net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently notice my lights dimming with the idle speed and increase with more revs. I repalced the rectifier with an aftermarket non OEM part. After wards, lights did not dim amd everything seemed fine. I let the engine idle out of the sun to let the battery charge a bit if it needed it. About 30 minutes into riding , the bike cut off at a red light. It started right away. I pulled over and it died again in neutral. I managed to get it to start again. I reached my destination and noticed the temp at 225. In the morning, the bike started no problem and the fan kicked in at 219 while idling. I road the bike and it ran fine but noticed a few times in wanted to die again at low rpms. At a traffic light, the bike went from 177 to 220 in a minutes time.
What's the deal?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I can give you my experience with my 01. When i first got it a year ago, it would sometimes die at idle like you are saying. I pulled the tank and looked into the air box and found a little more oil and debris than i was expecting. I cleaned the filter properly (K&N) and wiped out the box. Carbs had just been synked so that wasnt an issue. She ran fine for a while, but it started happening again. This time, i disconnected the breather hose from the top of the air box (comes from the crankcase) and let it vent into the air to the side. Turns out it was throwing out a little too much oil into the air box. It ran fine after that, but i was tired of small bits of smoke coming from under my tank, so i took it to the shop and had it tuned up, reconnected the hose, and been perfect ever since. So what i'm sayin is check your airbox. If its really overly-greasy and nasty, pop off the breather hose from on top and give it a go. Oh yeah, check your thermostat, it may be bad, preventing the flow of coolant.

·
Registered
134 Posts
will the fans (when they turn on) bring the bike back to the correct opperating temp? if so then you probably dont have any issue with the cooling system. just check your coolant level and make sure there are not any air bubbles in the system. i would check your battery voltage at rest(12.5v on average nothing below 12v though)and when the bike is running(13.5v to 14.1v) you could be getting low voltage when it is at low RPM's and it may need a battery or a stator or bad rectifer. i know u just replaced it but i have seen mutiple electronic items be bad out-of-the-box.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.