R6 Message Net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening or morning depending on where you are !

I have a R6 YZF 1999 in mint condition just under gone major service you name it iv done it.
After the bike stood for around 4 months outside covered up properly I discovered the battery was
Dead.

I replaced the battery and to my surprise it started on the second try no problem at all had all the tell tail
Signs and noises I’m used to , then after I switched it off after only running for 5 possibly 10 minutes I now have
Zero electric to the speedo , no lights or indicators .

Those who know the R6 will recognise the red flashing immobiliser on the left in the front faring ..... this is flashing
As normal yet no other power to anything ?

I’ve checked all connections plus fuses ..... but I’m stuck and really have no idea.

Blown fuse somewhere else ??? I really don’t know .

Thanks in advance .
R6 Rich ????‍♂

·
Registered
1 Posts
Evening or morning depending on where you are !

I have a R6 YZF 1999 in mint condition just under gone major service you name it iv done it.
After the bike stood for around 4 months outside covered up properly I discovered the battery was
Dead.

I replaced the battery and to my surprise it started on the second try no problem at all had all the tell tail
Signs and noises I’m used to , then after I switched it off after only running for 5 possibly 10 minutes I now have
Zero electric to the speedo , no lights or indicators .

Those who know the R6 will recognise the red flashing immobiliser on the left in the front faring ..... this is flashing
As normal yet no other power to anything ?

I’ve checked all connections plus fuses ..... but I’m stuck and really have no idea.

Blown fuse somewhere else ??? I really don’t know .

Thanks in advance .
R6 Rich ????‍♂
You checked the actual ignition fuse that is connected to your battery to the ignition relay? Sounds like you popped it. Hook up a multimeter to your battery is it charged? Jump your bike does the speedo light up?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts