R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its an 02, that thing is so damn light.I can pick it up off the ground like its my 50.When we pushed it back to his place some guys asked if we ran out of gas?I cant belive these bikes are all motor.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After so much fun takeing out my friends motor,looks like iam going to do mine too.The weather here in bay area is gettting real cold so I'll post up a mini how to if nobody has done it yet.time to 12o clock my bike now.

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
redR62004 said:
After so much fun takeing out my friends motor,looks like iam going to do mine too.The weather here in bay area is gettting real cold so I'll post up a mini how to if nobody has done it yet.time to 12o clock my bike now.
to chrome?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no chrome for me to bling,but I need to do my valves and thinking about makeing motor stands for when you take the motor out and it can sit like it was in the bike.And I havent seen a how-to,for takeing out the motor.I was able to pick up my friends 02 r1 both wheels off the ground when the motor was out,how light is the r6 with no motor?

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
redR62004 said:
no chrome for me to bling,but I need to do my valves and thinking about makeing motor stands for when you take the motor out and it can sit like it was in the bike.And I havent seen a how-to,for takeing out the motor.I was able to pick up my friends 02 r1 both wheels off the ground when the motor was out,how light is the r6 with no motor?

Good CHoice.. I hate chrome on sport bikes... So you need to take your motor out to do your valves?

By the way R6 without the motor is pretty light.. yups. :thumbup

·
Registered
438 Posts
R6Riffic said:
Wow how long did that take to take out the motor??
i dont know how long it took him, but if you got all the tools (basically a 3/8" extension, some smaller sockets and a 32mm<-- I think ) then you can drop the engine pretty quick on the R6.

took me maybe 4 hours total to drop the engine, and I am a newb and we stopped to take lots and lots of pics, if you have the manual its really easier than you think.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts