R6 Message Net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 r6 with around 30,000 miles. Ride it at least 3 times a week. I put it up for the winter of course. But I've had it out for several weeks already and it seemed to be running fine until I went to change the oil and the crankcase was filled with gas and oil!
I've pulled the carbs and found a broken needle valve which I replaced. And bench synced the carbs because I don't have the correct tools for syncing them dead on. Anyways it still seemed to run good after I did that.( note: I didn't take the diaphragm side of the carbs off at all) still running okay but the dead cylinder and gas in the oil was still a major problem so I decided to change the ignition coils and spark plugs. Still no luck. Gas seems to only be running down into the oil Only when its running.
I'm stumped any help would be greatly appreciated. Also it starts fine and doesn't smoke abit. And you can't even notice that missing cylinder when your getting down the road on it. Most noticeable when its first warming up...I'm stuck on this...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts