R6 Message Net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:howdy

new to the forum. im looking at getting the new r6 when I take R&R from iraq towards the end of this month. However wondering what is a good tail light intergrator and flush mounts. any other just dress up mods welcome. i will only be home for 18 days also wondering knowing my neices and nephews should crash cage instead of frame sliders be installed? and where might i get one of these. might try to get on the bike and tip her over would perfer i come back from iraq and the bike be in the same condition. also wont be back in states after r&r for 3-4 months.. grandparents will start and run the bike for me however wont have any ride time, should the bike be placed on stands while sitting dormit for that time to prevent flatspots on the tires.

thanks

danny

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey man, given your situation unless your getting one hell of a deal during that 18 days I would hold off until you get back and can take proper care of it. MSRP is $9,599 and your concerned with kids playing on it an dropping it while you gone?? (some states consider that justifiable homicide) Just wait the extra 3 or 4 months and save yourself some frustration.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
no doubt, why are you getting a bike if your only going to be home for 18 days? wait till you get back and dont have to rush things. Not only that, nothing GOOD will happen to a bike that is just sitting around... scratched, falls over, forgets to start, GOD forbid it falls over and hurts someone, etc. Just wait, there will be better deals, maybe get a steal on a barely used one or something.

·
Registered
58 Posts
U'll be back only for 18 days ? dude suggest you better wait until you come back. and get it, no rush. when you come back you can go to dealer and talk to them and haggle the price with them. I got my 08 R6 (blue) for only $9,300 Out the door, include license and registration. at first they say theyll give me 12,000. HEll no !!! and then my friend haggle with them and i got it for Taht Price out the door. so no rush man, just wait till you come back. cuz maybe ur cousin dont know how to haggle the price etc. Just be patient. only 18 days left.:thumbup

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the insight. ill see what i can get the guy down to with cash in hand. im in no hurry in getting the bike however if i can get the dealer down enough.. not just 200$ ;/ i might get it.. however i was worried if i did purchase the bike what to do with her.
thanks again fellas

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey man I feel your desire here, I'm a Marine and every time I deploy out there I spend my every free moment searching the internet fantisizing about what I'm going to do or buy when I get back. Trust us, wait until you return the deals will be soooo much better. I bought my 07 in December and got it out the door for 7,600 (8,056 after 5 year extended and free tires for life). Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Sorry to bore you with another post, but I see not good things happening and I hate to see that happen to anyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts