R6 Message Net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will 08 fairings fit the 06-07 r6 with little trouble? there's a set locally thats going for cheap and i need replacement fairings. i know there's been changes but i was hoping that the mounting holes would be similar.

-tj

·
Registered
1 Posts
bump this back to the top. I'm in the same place...I'm rebuilding my 07 and have seen some good deals on 08 bodywork, I kinda like the look a little better than the 06-07's. I did check into the front fairing stay, and it does look different, but I never have actually tired to fit it up...the do dimensions look similar.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The 08 bodywork looks the same but parts of it are different enought that it would not fit. The seat on the 08 is longer making the tail not fit correctly, the head lights look the same but they are actually different to making the front not fit. I am sure you could modify things to fit, but you may have to weld parts on, and cut parts off to make the bodywork fit.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The 08 bodywork will fit....I've done it. BUT... and again I say BUT, you will need many parts from the 08 to make the body fit. You need the 08 subframe, front stay and tank. Long brake is correct about headlight as well they look similar but the angles of the headlights diameters are different. Seat has also changed so that is why you need the tank too. Its quite expensive if you dont need to replace to many panels of an 06 or 07, but if your bike is mangled and need everything then its definately a mod to consider. if anyone has any questions ill be glad to help.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The 08 bodywork will fit....I've done it. BUT... and again I say BUT, you will need many parts from the 08 to make the body fit. You need the 08 subframe, front stay and tank. Long brake is correct about headlight as well they look similar but the angles of the headlights diameters are different. Seat has also changed so that is why you need the tank too. Its quite expensive if you dont need to replace to many panels of an 06 or 07, but if your bike is mangled and need everything then its definately a mod to consider. if anyone has any questions ill be glad to help.
what else did you to make it fit ? did you have to drill/tap any holes ? pics ? thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put 08 bodywork on my 06 and did not replace the subframe. It mounted up fine. I just ordered the new 08 aluminum piece that the 2 seat bolts screw into. Other than that, I had no issues.

I also kept my 06 style fairing stay, and made it work. It actually looks very clean. As for the rest of the fairings, I ended up doing lots of little things to make it all fit like a glove. Was a pain in the ass at the time, but I am glad I did it now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts