R6 Message Net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the weight of the stock 07 wheels front and rear? Trying to decide if the BST carbon fiber rims are worth it. They apparently displace a lesser amount of rotational inertia making the bike handle exceptionally well in addition to a substantial reduction in weight. I realize this is a boring question, but i cant find the info online. Sorry n Thanks.

·
Garage Queen R6
1,801 Posts
the 03-08 wheels are identical except for color on the 08's. Anything really other than stock is gonna make a big difference. BST's are about 3000-3500 for a new set though, but they are the lightest. Not worth the money unless you've got plenty of cash to blow. Even just upgrading to Carrozzeria's or Marchesini's will be good enough for you and cost under 2k. Many will tell you that lightweight wheels arent a necessity unless you are racing for money. Its all about improving on skills and technique through trackdays. $2k in trackdays will make you a better rider than having a quick, flickable bike. Hope you catch my drift here.

·
Garage Queen R6
1,801 Posts
By the way, to answer your question, you'll drop at least 8-10 lbs by switching to the BST's over stock. The bike will feel quicker, stop quicker, and dive into corners better. But not the best bang-for-the-buck especially with cheaper brands out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.