R6 Message Net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I sold my 02 R6 last night to a friend for an offer I couldn't refuse. So now I need a new bike and soon! I have a deal worked at the local Yamaha dealer to get a brand new 07 R6 that was taken out of the crate two days ago for $8300 out the door. What do you guys think about the price? That is as low as they want to go. I am not sure if I want the 07 since the 08 is out, but I have heard from some people that the 08 isn't really that different even though it has a lot of changes from the 07 model. Anyone with any 07 bikes please chime in with what you guys think about your bikes. I also heard that some 06 bikes had some engine failure issues, not sure how many bikes were affected, but I know the 07 has the same engine...

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
07 - 08 has a different frame, and engine upgrades. The technical details I will leave for someone else, since I don't know too much, nor have I ridden a 08 to compare.

I am getting my 07 new for 8300 as well. The 09's are coming out soon, the shop I am getting the 07 mentioned that they just ordered some 09s.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i got my 07 last july for $8200 out the door and sold it about a month ago for $7500, didnt have a single problem with the bike i just wanted an 08. go for the 2008 man, i got mine for $8900 out the door 3 weeks ago and i love it. for how small the price difference is i would just get the 08.

·
enjoyyoself
146 Posts
love my 07 but its up to you dude!

·
Registered
881 Posts
are you an experet racer? if not I doubht you would really notice any difference between the two. I have yet to ride an 06+ R6 bike. I still tracking the hell out of my 05, which is still the best one out there.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I race an 06 and love the thing on the track, but on the street. It's garbage unless you like your motor ring out every minute.

My teammate just bought an 08 for 8200 otd.

·
Registered
25 Posts
07 vs 08

Ask yourself what you want from the Bike... ? 07 and 08 both are different bike. My friend have touch on R6 from most of all the year (Cos he is in a racing team). I ask him which year bike can I buy, he said take the 08 R6. I ask why that, he reply if you are getting new bike then take the new modal. Then i ask the different, he said feels 08 is better. But you have to know what u really want. We can't help much, after all is your chose..

Cheers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I bought my new bike last Monday. I have been crazy busy so I never had a chance to post anything though. For everyone thinking about upgrading while the prices are cheap, I have two words for you! DO IT! This is probably the best balanced and best handling bike I have ever ridden. It is buttery smooth all the way to 160 mph. My 2002 used to get pretty sketchy once you hit about 130-140, but this bike feels like you are only going about 70 mph at those kinds of speed. (I only got it up there once on the track so far though because I am still breaking it in) Yamaha really did it right with this bike. Don't get my wrong, I never thought that I would part with my 02 R6, but I hate to say that I am glad I did.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.