R6 Message Net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 3 weeks and about 3-4 hours per day, I am finally finished my retro. I used FX35 bi xenon projectors, 6000K D2S HID, Lite Eyes Halos, and home made wiring harness, and marine grade rocker switches to control halo and HID. During the day, I only use the halos and during night time, I use HID.

HID for night

Halo during day

·
Registered
8 Posts
looks great:thumbup I want to do the same thing, loved the HID's from the older models. what year's did you use? I am guessing it was a straight swap for the whole headlight assembly as far as shape goes??
andrew

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure what you mean about older model...the HID kit was from some chinese company. Yep, I ordered off ebay a used 06-07 headlight assembly and after retro fitting with the bi xenon projectors, it was a straight swap.

·
^s Own The Messagenet
1,123 Posts
can you take pictures of the beam and the front view of the bike?

·
Registered
211 Posts
that is wicked sick. i would definitely like to try and fit my 08 with something like that but im not too good with electricity stuff. looks excellent though dude. mad props.

·
^s Own The Messagenet
1,123 Posts
Awesome. I love them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Absolutely Sick!!!

I've been lurking on this board for about 6 months and this mod made me sign up... Great Job!

Anyway you could write up a walk-through for this? I'd love to do this on mine.

·
Registered
39 Posts
dude that is absolutely retarded(in a good way) you really should write a walk through, i've got an '09 raven R6, and i believe the headlight assembly is the same. the stock headlamps are great for vision, but i want something that looks more appealing, and what you have there is awesome

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks for the comments!

next time I create another one for some one i'll capture the steps for a walk through...I only do this for a hobby to create a little extra coin to go towards my R6...not much money to make in doing this :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.