R6 Message Net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GP-style titanium muffler contributes to mass centralization, and contains EXUP, an O2 sensor and catalyzers for a broad powerband, spot-on injection and EU-3 emissions compliance.
I understand the concept of Yamaha's description, but couldn't they come up with something that doesn't resemble a spray can? Seems like they are making certain things ugly as possible or cutting corners again in order to fuel the aftermarket. History repeating itself with better descriptive phrases?

I haven't "heard" one yet. Do they sound like a GP or just another stock pipe?

L

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
I'm not sure what your question or concern is. They designed it to centralize the mass (better handilng), make it lighter (small end can), an exup valve (increased low range torque), and 02 sensors etc to help the FI.

From what I've heard, they sound great!

:shrug

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't get me wrong, or just don't get me. :) I love the new design of the R6, would love to have one. But the exhaust just leaves me.....disappointed. And I was insinuating that may have been intended by Yamaha. The first thing to go on most bikes is the stock exhaust. I guess you'd say it's just personal opinion. It's damn ugly. It might be highly functional...hence why I understand Yamaha's description, but I still think it's still ugly. But what do I know, I'm a cynical bastard today. :mad:

·
Registered
151 Posts
So what if the exhaust is ugly. These bikes are built with maximum performance in mind, function supercedes form.

And Thrak, that EXUP valve doesn't do anything significant where performance is concerned, dyno tests have shown that it doesn't do much where output is concerned. It's most likely there to help the bikes pass noise emmission tests.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It's all opinion how it looks. I think it's one of the best lookin around. I hate undertail, espesially the RR's, it looks like an a$$hole. The huge can that came on my '05 was ugly. If the '06 sounds good, I may not change it for awile.

·
Rolexologist
17 Posts
The design of the 06 exhaust looks much better in the flesh, it is really a brilliantly integrated system. However, from the photos I've seen the Akropovic slip on is yet a quantum leap again in horn looks and whats more it will let people around you know your are there. 17,500 rpm with an Akropovic slip on, yeah thats what I'm talking about!!!!!!

·
a.k.a LiquidR1
1,178 Posts

·
my other hobby
714 Posts
wentouch said:
would u prefer if the can wuz in the shape of a penis? cuz thats what i was hoping for!
what the hell are you talking about?:barf

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I like everything but the exhaust and the rear fender. they both look wrong. hopefully there will be some nice high pipes that come out for it and of course there will be plenty of eliminator kits out in short order.

·
R6MN Addict
68 Posts
Here's a question. Do you think the stock 06 can will fit on the 05? Also do you think there would be any benefit to do so??

·
a.k.a LiquidR1
1,178 Posts
no it wont fit.

·
R6MN Addict
68 Posts
Thanks liquidr6. after looking at the link above I realize it was a dumb question. :myfault It would be nice though if it could. I love the styling of that exhaust. atfirst it was hard to swallow but the more I look at it the more I love it. Where is Mount Airy? Is that near Asheville?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i think it would be awesome if they made a termignoni exhaust like Rossi's... I know they make one with then end can longer (gp version) but get one of those bad boys and chop it down. I think it would make the bike look sweet!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts