R6 Message Net banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have talked about this before, however I have an 08 R6 with a KR Tuned slip on. Who has midpipes installed on their bike and who likes what better? T-tuner seems to be the easiest to find in general, but are there any other brands? Also it looks like I will have to the cut the cat off, does anyone know?

Matt:drunkbud

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was in the same situation. I was considering a midpipe and the t-tuner one sounded like a good deal and it was easily accessable. The main thing that changed my mind was the fact that I would have to take a saw to my stock exhaust and get a pcIII or something similar. Then I found out about mjsperformance custom headers. It seems that this guy takes stock headers and hollows them out and welds his midpipe in and then coats the whole thing and you get a totally bolt on set of headers that have the honeycomb removed from the headers and the cat replaced with a y pipe and still have your stock set to go back to. A pcIII would still be pretty close to being required (a must if you want to get the most out of it). I am just running a slip on at the moment but maybe down the road after reading countless posts and talking to people this is the decision I have come to. Now to find a good tuner. Here is the link to the custom headers: http://www.mjsperformance.com/r60608raceheader.htm

·
Registered
355 Posts
Plus 1 for MJSPerformance. If you're going for a midpipe, there is nothing better!! Can't go wrong!! :thumbup

·
Registered
355 Posts
so has anyone installed one of the mjs headers?? if so let us know how you like it. also what pc3 map you used if any.
Read the sig, man!! I have it on my bike. Installing it was easy. It mounted up perfect. I love it. Huge weight savings, added HP, great sound, the list goes on.... I don't have a PC3 yet. I just have the o2 sensor hooked up.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Veedub,
I am looking into getting the Termi slip-on, is it mandatory to take off the back foot peg (I like chicks riding with me) or can you keep it on?!

Actually, it's better to have the passenger peg on. Otherwise the exhaust isn't gonna have anything to support it. If you look at mine, you'll see that it's held up by a passenger peg. I just removed the actual "peg".

·
Registered
45 Posts
Actually, it's better to have the passenger peg on. Otherwise the exhaust isn't gonna have anything to support it. If you look at mine, you'll see that it's held up by a passenger peg. I just removed the actual "peg".
Sweet Thanks VeeDub,
Also I just ordered my MJS headers along with my Termi Slip on.. I will post pics when I get everything on.. How was the install for the MJS+ Termi? Pretty straight forward?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Sweet Thanks VeeDub,
Also I just ordered my MJS headers along with my Termi Slip on.. I will post pics when I get everything on.. How was the install for the MJS+ Termi? Pretty straight forward?
The install was easy as hell. You've got 2 bolts on each tube and a couple mounting bolts underneath. The MJS header mounted up perfect. It probably took longer removing the bodywork than installing the exhaust. Oh, little word of advice, make sure you keep your oem exhaust clamp because the Termi pipe doesn't come with one.

·
my R6 ate my homework
84 Posts
RedDVL....

Where did you find the passenger peg hole covers, I have been looking all over the place for them, didnt see them on the Yamaha site or in their books?....

A guy on R6-forum.com orders them in group buys. Look up saefirebird...he can get them for you. You can get them in black, blue and white. He buys them and ships them to you for $80 and you get everything you need.

·
my R6 ate my homework
84 Posts
The install was easy as hell. You've got 2 bolts on each tube and a couple mounting bolts underneath. The MJS header mounted up perfect. It probably took longer removing the bodywork than installing the exhaust. Oh, little word of advice, make sure you keep your oem exhaust clamp because the Termi pipe doesn't come with one.
+1...install was easy and pretty straight foward. True...the termi does not come with an exhaust clamp and the oem one won't work. I went to autozone and bought a exhaust fix kit....the one with the fiberglass and band and painted it with some high temp paint so it wouldn't rust.

that is just my :2cents anyhow...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey Vee,
Thanks for all the help / info man.. I just set up my profile you and RedDvl have you bikes up so I had to show minez too... Hopefully it shows up when I post this LOL!! Check it out tell me what ya think 4-sho!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hey Vee,
Thanks for all the help / info man.. I just set up my profile you and RedDvl have you bikes up so I had to show minez too... Hopefully it shows up when I post this LOL!! Check it out tell me what ya think 4-sho!
Holy shit!! That thing is sexy as hell!! :handclap

·
Registered
355 Posts
Thanks Boss,
I posted more pics of me putting it together in the gallery, and I have a crap load of mods coming for it!
Hey stascreamx,

What brand of bodywork is that?? Looks like OPP

1 - 20 of 63 Posts