R6 Message Net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how well the 2005 R6's compare in speed to the Gsx,Ninja,Cbr's. Not top speed just till like 120. My friend has a 1998 Honda Superhawk 1000cc and he thinks he will be able to blow away a 05 R6. Is this true? Thanks

·
Registered
881 Posts
I was wondering how well the 2005 R6's compare in speed to the Gsx,Ninja,Cbr's. Not top speed just till like 120. My friend has a 1998 Honda Superhawk 1000cc and he thinks he will be able to blow away a 05 R6. Is this true? Thanks
All 600's of late proably around 03+ are going to pull similar numbers. one may be faster then the other by maybe .5sec or less. It reall depends on the rider.

When the 05 Came out. I read where some guy straped down the front end and one tooth down in the front sprocket and ran high 9's quater mile.
The 05r6 is really a great bike, in many ways. But its to early for me to list stuff.

As far as you buddy blowing you away on his 98 superhawk IDK the 05 r6 has what 7 years of technologly that that bike doesnt' have. I think the superhawk is a steal frame so its going to be much heaiver then your r6. And also are we talking striaght line or twistys. I sereisouly doubht the superhawk could hang with the r6 in the corners. And I doubht it would get its doors blowen off in a straigh line. But in reality it all comes down to the rider. I have blowen by r1's rc51's and many other bikes on my 05 r6 at track days. It all comes down to the rider.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.