R6 Message Net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I press and hold the start switch to start my bike the check engine light comes on and then it goes off when the bike starts. Also I have to hold the switch to start the bike. Is all of this normal or not ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I believe this is normal. ;)

In every car I've driven, I have to keep turning the key until the engine starts. And in most of them it's a big light show for a couple seconds. Same thing for the R6 except it's a button instead of a key.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I thought. I guess i hadn't noticed it in the beginning and I thought there might be something wrong. The other day I was riding and it was pretty hot outside. The temp went up to 220 and maybe a little on top of that. Then I saw the check engine light came on for a few secs then it went off. This was right after I got off the high way and stopped at a light. Later that day I notice my coolant level was a little below the minimum. What do you think would cause the check engine light to come on ? The temp ? The low coolant level? I did the diagnostic but nothing was there only 2 codes from before.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts