R6 Message Net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What size clip-ons does the 05 R6 use and what brands do you guys suggest? Are the expensive ones like Sato worth it?

·
student/pilot/boyfriend:(
3,174 Posts
50 mm I use woodcraft. I crashed and bent the bar and simply replaced it. $150 ain't bad compared to replacing a stock clipon.

·
Registered
573 Posts
how did everyone mount their brake resevior?

·
Fire Wrench Dammit!!!
3,322 Posts
Firetire said:
50 mm I use woodcraft. I crashed and bent the bar and simply replaced it. $150 ain't bad compared to replacing a stock clipon.
You sayin it cost u $150 to replace the bar, or $150 to actually get the clipons?

As for the break res, i took a piece of flat alum, drilled a few holes all along the length, mounted it to the tripple, and then figured out where i wanted the brake res. Then i simply bent it where i wanted to, and ziptied thed res w/ 2 ties.. Pretty simple, and honestly it doesnt look that bad or outa place w/ the silver color of the clipon bars.. One more thing, you will prob need a longer length hose, and you can use regular fuel hose as its the same thing as brake hose. Also, all of this really only applies if you mount the clipons below the tripple.

·
student/pilot/boyfriend:(
3,174 Posts
Jonathan said:
how did everyone mount their brake resevior?
I ran into that problem too. I just unscrewed it and zip tied it to the clipon bar. Its a race bike, I get full range of motion and it doesn't obstruct my view :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Fuel hose is not the same as brake hose-it will weap if you use it.

I like woodcraft with the split design, plus they are a racer family so I want to support them :D

-Nick

·
Fire Wrench Dammit!!!
3,322 Posts
Spooner said:
Fuel hose is not the same as brake hose-it will weap if you use it.

I like woodcraft with the split design, plus they are a racer family so I want to support them :D

-Nick
Well then i guess i got lucky then, cuz i was told i got fuel hose when i went to the store and its just fine... Had it on for quite some time now 2.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts