R6 Message Net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Here is a question that I can't find a quick answer yet. I have searched and, well all I can find is people talking about upgrading to R1 forks.

On my 04 (Crashed), I am finally fixing it up, and I found a set of 05 forks for $350, This includes the brakes, upper and lower tripple, and both inner and outer tubes. Everything is straight.

It does not include the clipons and controls though. SO, my question is this:

What parts are required to upgrade an 04 to 05 front end? Will I also need to buy new controls or will mine work? how about my brake lines (Braided)? I have to buy one clip-on anyway because my left is fuked, but my controls are still good.

Hope somebody can help.

L8s
CtB

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
When I looked at it for someone the major thing that I ran into is, you are going to upset the geometry of the bike, so it might take some work before it handles like you'll expect from an R6

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, somebody bought it. :( So, I think I will do the R1 or just get get the 03-04 set.

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I thought the front end of the 05 frame was a little different too, so you cant just mount up 05 forks/triples to preveous years....

The 03-04's have a better setup anyways, Yamaha didnt come through too well with the 05 suspension set up.

·
Banned
5,460 Posts
I can't make any promises without an 05 to tear apart, but I bet och can confirm if it's just a different angle or a entire different setup.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was thinking to 05 because a friend of mine said they were much better then the 03/04 since they were inverted. Honestly, I was happy on mine, but I plan to start doing alot more track days starting in Jan. But being new to racing, I don't think I would personally notice a big diffrence right away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts