R6 Message Net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
upgrades: 07 r6 front end . have to have the 05 r6 tripples. breaking wave rotors. crg levers. gpr v4 damper

i upgraded to 05 forks originally because someone wrecked my bike so i decided to try and make it work... then recently i decided to go with the 07 forks since they are the same size...

exhaust was from a 07 r6 , wielded on to my midpipe

hope to be getting some wheels soon...

tell me what you think and sorry i only have one pic

·
Registered
42 Posts
cool stuff. So you basically just need 05-08 forks, lower and upper triple, brake calipers and different rotors? What is the rotor size on the 05-08 vs. the 03-04?

I also imagine you would want an upgraded brake master cylinder from an r1 or newer r6.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great job !!! That is exactly what I want to do to my 04R6...you man !!!
Something I have always want to know...Can you also put a 05R6 or later Dual-Fan/Rad set on a 03/40 bike ?? I have never seen any posts about this...but I have not looked hard.
Thanks Are6rider...in SC ....Ride Safe !! ....I once lived in Wichita Falls, Tx...too flat for me !!!

·
Yamaha Test Rider
207 Posts
Actually, I just used the entire '07 front end (except for the throttle side switch pod), tripples, steering stem and all. The only issue I had was the steering stem is a bit longer on the '07, but I made a custom spacer, and woo hoo, instant upgrade!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i also do have the dual fans it helps alot and yes i did upgrade the master cylinder to the newer r6 one. if you want to do the switch alot of people sell the 05 or 06 07 complete front ends on ebay

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dual Fans.....

Hey...the later mod front end is on my list...but first I would like to put dual fans on....
1. Do I need a O5 or later radiator with fans.
2. Or do I keep the 04 Rad and install the 05 fans...
3. Any cutting, welding or major metal work required.
4. Will the 04, switch, relay take the load (amps) for two fan.

Or is this conversion listed on line as a "How to" anywhere

Thanks in advance for the help..
Are6Rider in SC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.