R6 Message Net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just had a ice storm today and some guy in a parking lot hit my bike and knocked it over breaking my upper fairing that holds on my turn signal. And also the fairing that raps the rear of the bike and under the passenger seat.

Now I need to replace my fairings. Does anyone know where I could get a fairing new somewhere close to Austin.

I have seen some on Ebay. What is the average price for my two damaged fairings?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Are they just cracked? I'd try and fix em if it were me (super glue).

But if you want to replace them then you'll need a new tail and undertail.

New the undertail is around $60 dollars. For a new tail it would be around $175 maybe? I bought a used tail on ebay from a member on the board for $39.

If your bike is blue it will make it much easier to find the parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The front fairing is not fixable. Is broke a peice off. But the rear might be fixable. When you supper glue do you do it from the underside of the tail?

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Do not super glue anything, that is the worst fix. Weld the pieces together with a soldering gun from the insde part. Do a search, I have seen it before, and I have done it hundreds of times.

·
Registered
332 Posts
L_R6_A said:
Do not super glue anything, that is the worst fix. Weld the pieces together with a soldering gun from the insde part. Do a search, I have seen it before, and I have done it hundreds of times.

:handclap

DO NOT SUPERGLUE!!!

use a soldering iron like he said, go from the back of the panel and when youre done, you wont even notice. do a google on plastic welding. ive done many times, welded a tail together that was in 4 pieces. after youre done, apply some "plastic weld" epoxy, they sell it at autozone and parts america. it will be just as strong as it was before

1 - 5 of 5 Posts