R6 Message Net banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently just bought an 02 R6 from another person who was the original owner. There were no problems with it what so ever and only had 8k. Last week I was riding on the highway going about 75 80 and the bike threw a rod. I lost everything all the oil, antifreeze and metal pieces of the engine came out the back. The motor and tranny are completely shot now and I did everything to keep the bike in tip top shape. I never stunted the bike barely went about 8k basically never and it gave me no sign of this failure.

Right now I don't know what to do with it. I have never rebuilt and engine before(if it can be rebuilt). The bike is only worth maybe 4800 if working. I really don't want to go through that hassle of parting each thing out. Any advise would be helpful. Should I contact Yamaha about this because there is no way in hell this should have just happened and im surprised I didnt eat shit with all the oil and antifreeze going right to the back tire. Is it possible to swap a new engine and tranny in there. Maybe one from a newer r6 but would it work with fuel injection because mines carbed (which are probably destroyed). Thanks for anything you can think of all advise is helpful.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts