1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm getting exhausted about my bike.
Problem:
When the bike is cold and I start it using the choke, the cyl #2 appear to be way too rich. It's not firing because there is too much fuel in there. The header tube for #2 stays cold while the others are getting hot. I can smell unburnt gas from my exhaust. Then when I release the choke and wait a bit, the cylinder becomes hot.

I just installed a factory pro jet kit thinking it would solve the problem and also wake up the bike... The same damn thing occurs. I haven't rode it yet though. But before I put back the airbox and everyting I started it and realized it didn't fix the problem.

Set all the idle screws to 2.25 out
Cleaned the pilot jets and everything

Could it be the choke plungers? I need to separate the carbs to remove the plungers...

I will try to set the idle screw of the second carb 1/2 turn in and see.

If anyone has an idea of what could be the cause, please let me know.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just did a road test. Will do a long one later but I can say that it really woke up the bike.
No need for the clutch to lift the front wheel in second gear! It fixed the flat spot at around 7-8k.

I swap the coils and plugs, but it didn't fix my damn cold cylinder with the choke. I've got some pop when I decelerate. Fautive diaphragm?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He guys
Getting this thread back because I still has the problem. Do you think it could be caused by the choke plunger? I think I will need to separate the carbs to get it there?
Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's the CRB-Y78-1.0 kit (basic one). But the problem was there before I installed it. I thought it would have fixed it.
I don't think it could be the valves that are too tight because the bike runs fine when not on choke. It backfires when I decelerate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts