R6Messagenet.com

R6Messagenet.com (https://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/)
-   The Welcome Center (https://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/welcome-center/)
-   -   If you're thinking of buying, then research insurance first (https://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/welcome-center/17424-if-youre-thinking-buying-then-research-insurance-first.html)

Ruenin 07-03-2004 02:24 PM

If you're thinking of buying, then research insurance first

I'm so tired of hearing about people buying the R6 as their first bike and not doing any reasearch at all on insurance costs. Then to make it worse, they decided that they don't need full coverage insurance on their newly financed sportbike. Aside from the risk to life and limb that we all experience on a day to day basis riding these things, this is just a dumb idea due simply to the fact that eventually it will get wrecked or stolen. It's like screwing without a condom; you may not get herpes this time, but sooner or later.....

It's a fucked up world that we ride in, so do yourself a favor: if you're thinking of buying a new bike (especially if you're a newbie), get yourself full coverage. If some dumbass, cellphone weilding soccer mom doesn't hit you with her Lincoln Navigator, you can bet some jobless fuck is waiting to snatch your baby while you sleep (that chain you have wrapped around it won't stop them).

Rogue6 07-03-2004 03:25 PM

No DOUBT!

will add my $.02. Not only vehicle insurance but I would also recommend medical insurance!

OPOLO 07-03-2004 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruenin
I'm so tired of hearing about people buying the R6 as their first bike and not doing any reasearch at all on insurance costs. Then to make it worse, they decided that they don't need full coverage insurance on their newly financed sportbike. Aside from the risk to life and limb that we all experience on a day to day basis riding these things, this is just a dumb idea due simply to the fact that eventually it will get wrecked or stolen. It's like screwing without a condom; you may not get herpes this time, but sooner or later.....

It's a fucked up world that we ride in, so do yourself a favor: if you're thinking of buying a new bike (especially if you're a newbie), get yourself full coverage. If some dumbass, cellphone weilding soccer mom doesn't hit you with her Lincoln Navigator, you can bet some jobless fuck is waiting to snatch your baby while you sleep (that chain you have wrapped around it won't stop them).

ditto - You would be surprised by the amount of people (mostly young) who do not have insurance coverage or even a cycle endorsement

R6StangDriver 07-03-2004 08:17 PM

Ditto Ditto Ditto!

Just the other day, a guy I know in town swapped bikes with a buddy and took some girls for rides. Tragically, his buddy wrecked his pretty '03 R1 with the girl on the back. No insurance, no plates, notta. Girl went to the hospital with all kinds of rash and who knows what else. She'll probably sue everyone she can get ahold of, and quite honestly, I hope she does.

The moral? Don't buy a bike you can't afford, let alone one you can't afford insurance on...

~Z~
:thumbup

BCB1080 07-03-2004 10:04 PM

I rock. My bike is paid for with full coverage. Score for me. It has plates, tags, and I have my license.

SPiKe 07-04-2004 06:37 AM

I guess that makes me the intelligent newbie. I did all my research/hw as far as costs for making the R6 for my first bike. Some people just don't think clearly when it comes to something they want. I, on the other hand, was prepared for all costs that are about to be heading my way. By the way, my monthly payments on my bike are only $39 a month and full coverage insurance is only $88 a month with a 25/50/25 coverage. :rockingba

apexkw 07-12-2004 05:44 PM

Just an idea but maybe we can post links for the new/possible riders. I am researching insurance rates now and i find them to be alot higher than what i expected. anyways just thought it would be a good resource for people, if they had a way to check out what companies other riders are using. :blahblahb

www.geico.com
www.progressive.com
www.allstate.com
www.statefarm.com
https://www.gc.usaa.com/inet/ent_logon/Logon <--- thats usaa for military people and their familes

tararan 07-16-2004 02:46 AM

well, got my insurance and it's only $20 more a month when i added it to my car policy.. USAA rocks...

Taylor 07-16-2004 03:20 PM

just got full coverage on an 04 financed... got it through statefarm, and it's only $28.something a month. I did have to move my truck over to them too, as they don't just do straight motorcycle... but how can you beat that price? :)

Caseman 07-20-2004 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taylor
just got full coverage on an 04 financed... got it through statefarm, and it's only $28.something a month. I did have to move my truck over to them too, as they don't just do straight motorcycle... but how can you beat that price? :)

How is your driveing history?