If you're thinking of buying, then research insurance first - Page 6 - R6Messagenet.com
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 11:47 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
For those of you looking for a cheap insurance route try:

www.bike-line.com

Not a bad company Ive gotten cheap rates there all the time. Just go full coverage and youll have the option to pay quarterly, half and half, or the full year amount. I would just get full coverage and pay either quarter (little more that 3 months) or half (lasts about 6 motnhs) and then switch it down to liability with theft coverage only during the winter season.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 123 (permalink) Old 07-03-2006, 10:48 AM

duce pecos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tararan
well, got my insurance and it's only $20 more a month when i added it to my car policy.. USAA rocks...
I'll consider that because I bank with USAA
post #53 of 123 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 01:23 PM

I actually did research before I bought one. With three speeding tickets in the past three years, I was pretty much sure that the cost of insurance would make it impossible to buy a bike. But somehow it is only costing me $38/month for full coverage.

post #54 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 09:27 AM

I just bought my bike a couple of days ago ('06 R6S Raven). My insurance company that I use is Farmers Insurance. I thought that since I have so many policies with them (three houses and two cars) that they would give me a pretty good deal. It only made sense.....they were the cheapest when I was pricing all of the policies I have with them. Well, I called them and they told me full coverage w/ $500 deductible and $100K/$300K medical would be $2400/year. Then I called State Farm.....same coverage and deductible was $230/year. They also told me that it didn't matter if I had other policies with them or not, the price was the same.

Check around....I always thought most policies would be competitive, but sometimes they don't even compare to one another.

PS I am 27, married, and live in Kansas so that helps, but it still shows how wide a range different companies will charge.
post #55 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-28-2006, 01:01 PM
R6MN Regular

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
yes, state farm usually has the best rates (by far) even when ur opening up your first policy with them. i'm 18 and went with state farm, $43/month on a 2000 r6. full coverage.

Sold - 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6 10,610 miles, Red
Sold - 2003 Yamaha YZF-R6 10,500 miles, Blue
Current - 2005 Yamaha YZF-R6 11,569 miles and counting, Blue
post #56 of 123 (permalink) Old 01-19-2007, 04:04 PM
R6BLUES

Talking

I have state farm and I Pay 26 dollars a month for an 06' R6 and it was stolen after 5 days of having it...they covered the MSRP of 9299 but i was hit with all the taxes better get gap because after 2 years when your bike is work 5 grand you will still owe much more than what it is worth. Also be patient as it will take a good 2 months to get your money back on the bike....Biggest headache I have ever had...but I got may baby back another Blue 06' R6
post #57 of 123 (permalink) Old 04-18-2007, 10:05 AM

Hi, this post is very informative; however I would like some specific information. If someone can help me then please send me a private message. Best Regards,
post #58 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-14-2007, 10:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to R6inLosAngeles Send a message via MSN to R6inLosAngeles Send a message via Yahoo to R6inLosAngeles
Well, I am glad I read this post before I bought my bike. I am in the process of purchasing and am currently getting all sorts of quotes on it. 06 R6 Annv. edition with 300miles.. I am ranging anywhere from $42/month too $1000 per year. I am 26, single and have had one ticket in three years.
Just my .02!
post #59 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 03:28 PM
Still Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Fish
I actually did research before I bought one. With three speeding tickets in the past three years, I was pretty much sure that the cost of insurance would make it impossible to buy a bike. But somehow it is only costing me $38/month for full coverage.
How old are you? What insurance do you have? I have 3 tickets in last 3 years and my quotes for comprehensive coverage was about $5000 a year. I did my research before buying the bike and came to the realization if I am going to get a bike, I will only have liability coverage. All my friends told me thats how they afford the insurance on it for themselves as well. Right now I pay $33 a month for liability only. I also only have my permit.

07 R6 Raven - 07 Suzuki Boulevard M50[/FONT][/SIZE]
post #60 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 12:28 AM

Send a message via AIM to sctritons87
ok....
so newb doesnt even begin to describe me.
i dont have insurance yet....i dont have a bike yet... i dont have my license yet... i dont even have my permit yet.... me being on here is a little lame you could admit but im doing as much research as possible before i get there. tomorrow i plan on gettin my permit then my license shortly after. i plan on gettin an 07 r1...
no idea what insurance would be like but ive never had a ticket and i heard somethin about military discounts.... do they have those?? any info anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.
-bryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the R6Messagenet.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in