If you're thinking of buying, then research insurance first - Page 4 - R6Messagenet.com
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 08:44 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
When I was researching my insurance before I bought insurance I was floored

I have a car on progressive and its a little high. I thought by adding a motorcycle to it...it would help......WRONG!!!! They quoted me $5,100 a year for full coverage

I called Geico to see what they could do.....got a quote of $5,700 a year for full coverage

I called State Farm and got a quote of 1,300 a year for full coverage. Needless to say, I went with State Farm and couldnt be happier. Every new rider needs to call State Farm and their prices wont be beat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 07:25 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OnOne
Geico and State Farm don't insure in MA...I hear pretty good word of mouth about SF...

KO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan.allen
When I was researching my insurance before I bought insurance I was floored

I have a car on progressive and its a little high. I thought by adding a motorcycle to it...it would help......WRONG!!!! They quoted me $5,100 a year for full coverage

I called Geico to see what they could do.....got a quote of $5,700 a year for full coverage

I called State Farm and got a quote of 1,300 a year for full coverage. Needless to say, I went with State Farm and couldnt be happier. Every new rider needs to call State Farm and their prices wont be beat

Kevin
South shore, Massachusetts
'05 Warrior
'03 600RR
[email protected]
post #33 of 123 (permalink) Old 07-04-2005, 11:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to coldfire77
riders in the UK give Yamaha Insurance Service a call, did a great job of reducing my premium. 3rd year with them and cant complain, have come up trumps every yr in getting the best policy.

28 yr old in london, garaged at night, 2 yrs no claim... 250!. 700 for 04 R1, tempted you could say that!!

post #34 of 123 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 02:25 PM

About to by an R6

Yeah so I am about to buy my second R6. I bought my first 2 years ago when I was 20 had full coverage and I was paying crazy money. Well I sold it because I joined the Navy but now I want to get another. I actually bought a Ducati monster because the insurance was about a third of what I used to pay. I liked the Ducati but I always missed my R6, so now it is time. The biggest problem is insurance. I don't want to pay crazy money again. I am living in CA right now and I called USAA before I bought the Ducati and they told me they don't do motorycle insurance, they go through progressive for that. I guess I will try to call State farm. I have only had one ticket which was almost 3 years ago. Insurance is the only thing stopping me from getting another R6. I guess I will try to call USAA again and aske them since some of you say you have it with them
post #35 of 123 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 06:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to edschoen7238
I'm 21, college student, and I was also getting quoted at well over $2,400 per year also. I have a clean record. I went through progressive under my mom's insurance and now only pay $1,000 per year for full coverage. Sucks b/c it's still pretty expensive but putting it on my mom's insurance saved a little. Just a note for the fellow students out there.
post #36 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 10:50 PM

Progressive Full Coverage Insurance $12,000 per year
New York Chain/Disk Lock $300
Alarm with Pager and remote $500

The Only Full Coverage Insurance I can afford,

Priceless

but if u know where i can get cheap full coverage in North Carolina, please please please let me know.

Not all who wander are lost.
- J.R.R. Tolken
post #37 of 123 (permalink) Old 10-02-2005, 12:18 AM

hmmm......

Now i've been riding a 700 yamaha virago for about a year and a half. Thats the bike that i learned on and it tought me a lot! But about a month ago, i decided that i needed something more, and i chose a 2000 R6, racing red. I have no coverage because i am to young to afford it and am barely getting by as is. Now your probably thinking, "Well then you shouldn't even ride a bike." Now hear this, i crashed it 4 days after i purchased it. I was on my way to get new tires because the guy who had it before didn't know didly squat about bikes, he was a straight up poser. The rear tire was bad, but not critical, and the front should be changed. I now know that i should've gotten tires the day i got it. but the tires are besides the point. yes, they caused me to crash, my fault. But i learned two extremely large lessons after that crash. 1) Tires make all the difference, don't overestimate them cause they mean sometimes life or death. And 2) there could have been somebody walking right where i crashed and i would have been fucked royally. I got a lot of lectures after that about insurance and all that crap. So i now know that insurance is the greatest thing you could do for not just yourself, but for other people too. I sometimes think about it and i realize that insurance IS for other people. Because i don't care if i crash, i know that i'm gonna be okay, and if i get hurt, i did it doin a fat wheelie goin 95mph.

So i still don't have insurance because i can't afford it, and i still ride my bike because it's my only transportation, rain sleek or shine(definitly not snow, forget that!). But when i ride, it's purely defensive. The whole time, defensive. i only ride aggresive, really aggresive on the track, and i have yet to do it because my bike is still in my garage. But i will eventually get insurance, when i get the job, most likely the military. But insurance is probably the one and only thing they should think about before getting a bike. And if you don't have insurance and are not planning on getting any, i'm sorry but you do not deserve your bike because of you stupidity. But no worries here, yes i am a hypocrite for just saying that but i know my limits. I would just hate to see someone get sewed or put in jail for their stupid ass decision to not even think of insurance. So Reunin is so right, GET INSURANCE!
post #38 of 123 (permalink) Old 10-07-2005, 06:02 PM

^^^ ummmmmmmmm. in no way did i mean that you shouldent have liability. liability is cheap as hell, shop around and i bet you can get it for no more than $30 a month. if you dont have 30 a mont, then you need to start walking to work/school.

btw, if you hit me and didnt have liability, we would need an ambulance, no matter how little we got hurt in the crash. you hit me without insurance... thats your ass, ima treat it the same way as if you had just intentionally f*cked my bike up.

Not all who wander are lost.
- J.R.R. Tolken

Last edited by funklab; 10-07-2005 at 09:47 PM.
post #39 of 123 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 04:30 PM
NSFW

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas14
Now i've been riding a 700 yamaha virago for about a year and a half. Thats the bike that i learned on and it tought me a lot! But about a month ago, i decided that i needed something more, and i chose a 2000 R6, racing red. I have no coverage because i am to young to afford it and am barely getting by as is. Now your probably thinking, "Well then you shouldn't even ride a bike." Now hear this, i crashed it 4 days after i purchased it. I was on my way to get new tires because the guy who had it before didn't know didly squat about bikes, he was a straight up poser. The rear tire was bad, but not critical, and the front should be changed. I now know that i should've gotten tires the day i got it. but the tires are besides the point. yes, they caused me to crash, my fault. But i learned two extremely large lessons after that crash. 1) Tires make all the difference, don't overestimate them cause they mean sometimes life or death. And 2) there could have been somebody walking right where i crashed and i would have been fucked royally. I got a lot of lectures after that about insurance and all that crap. So i now know that insurance is the greatest thing you could do for not just yourself, but for other people too. I sometimes think about it and i realize that insurance IS for other people. Because i don't care if i crash, i know that i'm gonna be okay, and if i get hurt, i did it doin a fat wheelie goin 95mph.

So i still don't have insurance because i can't afford it, and i still ride my bike because it's my only transportation, rain sleek or shine(definitly not snow, forget that!). But when i ride, it's purely defensive. The whole time, defensive. i only ride aggresive, really aggresive on the track, and i have yet to do it because my bike is still in my garage. But i will eventually get insurance, when i get the job, most likely the military. But insurance is probably the one and only thing they should think about before getting a bike. And if you don't have insurance and are not planning on getting any, i'm sorry but you do not deserve your bike because of you stupidity. But no worries here, yes i am a hypocrite for just saying that but i know my limits. I would just hate to see someone get sewed or put in jail for their stupid ass decision to not even think of insurance. So Reunin is so right, GET INSURANCE!
Fuggin Idiot.

Freedom is paid for in blood, and signed-away with the stroke of a pen

Last edited by IC Kyle B; 05-24-2007 at 12:26 PM.
post #40 of 123 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 01:19 PM
the vanilla gorilla

Send a message via AIM to heavy_rotation
I'm 21, had an r6 in NE, only payin 40/month... with a horrible record to boot!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the R6Messagenet.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in