If you're thinking of buying, then research insurance first - Page 2 - R6Messagenet.com
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 123 (permalink) Old 08-23-2004, 03:54 AM
R6 Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yeah, it's a big thing, not so much value of the bike but the size of the engine

i had a great insurance experience at the dealer, i was all set to pay a certain rate through progressive but then they put me through mcgraw ins. saved me a ton of money and put me at 100/300 coverage!

i'm paying a little over 110 a month for 9 months on a 12 month term (you get 3 free months)

i've got full liability with theft protection, if i f*ck up my bike it's my own fault, that's how i look at it

-mike

2k4 Yamaha YZF-R6 team Blue
2k Honda Civic Si

The Asylum MC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 123 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 01:02 AM
Worms Rugby

Yea Statefarms prices are amazing, I got the quote from them and everything, I was ready to have my parents switch all the cars and my bike over. They then let me know they cant write the insurance because all 3 drivers in my family have had one accident and my mom had one speaking ticket in the last 5 years!!! It blows cause I have progressive and they suck so bad I dont think they should be an insurance company. By the way being 17 with a brand new R6 is the best feeling in the world untill the time of the month comes when your insurance payment is due!!!Bash on me all you want for not doing my damned research but I got a good job and in one more year I will be 18 and get away from Progressive
post #13 of 123 (permalink) Old 08-24-2004, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tararan
well, got my insurance and it's only $20 more a month when i added it to my car policy.. USAA rocks...

I have to agree ...USAA is the best! I don't have the bike yet and I just got my license (noob to the fullest) but I got quoted $19 a month for full coverage with a $250 deductible. The best part is my car payment is $130 a month and with the bike it'll be $117 a month...love the multi-car discount. It's like I'm getting bike insurance for free and some....

post #14 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 08:36 PM

Insurance Bites

Yea, I have been looking at insurance on a new bike and I had an insurer tell me that I should just buy a used one because of insurance on a new one alone!!!! Grrrr, definitely need some help finding an insurance carrier, too bad i'm not military
post #15 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 10:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to wch199
My husband and I swapped our bikes to state farm as well because no one could come close to their price for full coverage. We insure an R6 and a CBR 1000 with them. The agent told us they insure bikes as a courtesy when you have insurance with them on another vehicle so we put one of our vehicles on the policy as well. The only drawback is they do not offer any other discounts on the policy. I tried to get a discount for taking a MSF class and they stated their rates are already so competitive they do not offer any other type of discounts.
post #16 of 123 (permalink) Old 09-26-2004, 11:16 PM
xXx

Thumbs up

I would have to agree, I am young (22), Although my new bike (04 R6) is not my "firstbike", but I have full coverage through StateFarm(socaL), and full health insurance. Its way to dangerous walking down the streets these days not having health INS, but riding a motorcycle is a lot more dangerous with those maniac cage drivers. PLEASE PLEASE Insure your bike, And your self!!!
post #17 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-03-2004, 03:55 PM
WOO HOO!!!!

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor
just got full coverage on an 04 financed... got it through statefarm, and it's only $28.something a month. I did have to move my truck over to them too, as they don't just do straight motorcycle... but how can you beat that price?
That's what the first statefarm agent told me ..."sorry, we don't do motorcycle only policies". Well, i called the one about a mile down the road and they said "SURE WE DO" i gave them my info, they gave me a quote of $329 / yr full coverage ($250 deductables) and I only had to have the first two months $$ down ($56) they called it something like their "star" program. You earn stars while having coverage through them as long as you have no faults and eventually you get better discounts. I now have my PAID FOR '02 with Full coverage insurance. At that price, i may just add some extra coverage. Like MEDICAL, and cash benefit. that would make my yearly premium about $380. hmmmm
post #18 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 03:24 AM

I'm pretty new to getting my own insurance..

What coverages and premiums are you guys using?

I've done a Geico and Progressive online quote with these settings

Bodily Injury Liability(BI) --- $50,000 / $100,000
Property Damage Liability(PD) --- $10,000
Pedestrian Personal Injury(PED-PIP) --- $50,000 limit per person per accident / no deductible
Medical Payments(MED) --- $500
Uninsured Motorist(UM) --- $25,000 / $50,000
Comprehensive(COMP) --- $1,000 deductible
Collision(COLL) --- $500 deductible

and got $3912.00 for 12 months

After I took out the:

Medical Payments(MED)
Comprehensive(COMP)
Collision(COLL)

It came out to a more reasonable 880 +-

I'm wondering what constitutes "full coverage", and what premiums are most common.
post #19 of 123 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 10:13 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MattyZR6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruenin
I'm so tired of hearing about people buying the R6 as their first bike and not doing any reasearch at all on insurance costs. Then to make it worse, they decided that they don't need full coverage insurance on their newly financed sportbike. Aside from the risk to life and limb that we all experience on a day to day basis riding these things, this is just a dumb idea due simply to the fact that eventually it will get wrecked or stolen. It's like screwing without a condom; you may not get herpes this time, but sooner or later.....

It's a fucked up world that we ride in, so do yourself a favor: if you're thinking of buying a new bike (especially if you're a newbie), get yourself full coverage. If some dumbass, cellphone weilding soccer mom doesn't hit you with her Lincoln Navigator, you can bet some jobless fuck is waiting to snatch your baby while you sleep (that chain you have wrapped around it won't stop them).

i got comprehensive coverage when i bought my bike so im covered for theft and whatnot......if i dump the bike im paying for it to get fixed. The difference between full coverage(2400 a year) and Comprehensive (800 a year) was well worth the risk. I bought my bike in april 03 as my first bike and have not dumped it even once. Nothing wrong with a newbie getting an R6 as long as they relize that any bike can kill you in the second you dont respect it.
post #20 of 123 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 03:58 PM
Hell yeah I rock!

Send a message via AIM to Angelbootygirl Send a message via MSN to Angelbootygirl Send a message via Yahoo to Angelbootygirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruenin
I'm so tired of hearing about people buying the R6 as their first bike and not doing any reasearch at all on insurance costs. Then to make it worse, they decided that they don't need full coverage insurance on their newly financed sportbike. Aside from the risk to life and limb that we all experience on a day to day basis riding these things, this is just a dumb idea due simply to the fact that eventually it will get wrecked or stolen. It's like screwing without a condom; you may not get herpes this time, but sooner or later.....

It's a fucked up world that we ride in, so do yourself a favor: if you're thinking of buying a new bike (especially if you're a newbie), get yourself full coverage. If some dumbass, cellphone weilding soccer mom doesn't hit you with her Lincoln Navigator, you can bet some jobless fuck is waiting to snatch your baby while you sleep (that chain you have wrapped around it won't stop them).

Ditto:P

Those who wish to appear wise among fools, among the wise seem foolish.

In taking revenge, a man is but even with his enemy; but in passing it over, he is superior.

The first duty of a leader is to make himself be loved without courting love. To be loved without 'playing up' to anyone - even to himself.

Last edited by Angelbootygirl; 12-02-2004 at 04:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the R6Messagenet.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in