BUD/S- Navy SEALs - R6Messagenet.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to R6-KC
BUD/S- Navy SEALs

Just curious if there is anyone who's been through BUD/S or is about to go through it. What were your opinions on it and what are you doing or did to prepare yourself for it.

I'm about to go through BUD/S in about 9 months and have already been preparing and training (hard) for it for the past 8 months.

Casey

07 Candy Red R6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 10:33 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Good luck bro. I have heard it is the hardest thing you will ever do.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Banned

Good luck. Heard the most common injury is stress fractures. Maybe you can take some kind of supplement to strengthen your bones and joints. Just a thought.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

Yeah thanks guys. I'll look into the supplements. My training schedule has been ridiculous. I need to get in the best shape possible so I am prepared for the Hell im going to go through for those months.

Casey

07 Candy Red R6
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 12:08 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
From what i have seen, i would get used to staying up 48 hours at a time and working out the whole time. I would also run about 20 miles a day in boots freezing your ass off.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 07:31 AM

Ask around and see if you can find someone who works on the Navy base in CT. On most navy bases I've been on, they had a group of seals that would hold PT sessions in the morning once in a while. Go see if you can keep up with them and ask what you should be training.

--
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks that nothing is worth war, is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertion of better men than himself. - John Stuart Mill
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 08:32 AM

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Good luck man.

I wanted to do the special ops thing in the AF (combat controller). Tried to cross-train into it but found out my vision is too bad. You have to have near 20/20, and mine isn't anywhere near that.

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Yeah I'm going to start talking with a Navy Seal Motivator which is basically what you were talkin about bubba. Yeah I have a really good work out program that I'm doing right now. And I have excellent vision. I can read every letter on the eye chart.

Casey

07 Candy Red R6
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 11:45 AM

While you can try to get your body in tip top shape, there is nothing you can do, on your own, to condition your mind to not quit. No matter what physical shape your body is in, they will break you down. The question is, can you get throught the mindfuck and keep going. Also, even if you were rambo, it wouldn't mean shit if your squad where all private pyles. Meaning while it is certainly a solo act whne trying to amke it through, you cannot discount the importance of your mental stability to deal with those seamen that are not upto a higher standard.

My experience in sniper school can only add this. Remember it will end. Go as far as you can and keep going. You have to convince your mind to keep going, anyway possible.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-29-2008, 12:02 PM Thread Starter

Oh wow great post sniper. How long have you been in for and what branch? All I know is I can prepare myself as much as possible anad brace myself for the 24/7 mind games they are going to play on me hoping I will quit. Like you said I just gotta keep going take it day by day and know that its almost over.

Casey

07 Candy Red R6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the R6Messagenet.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in