XM or Sirius and Car Exhaust question - Page 2 - R6Messagenet.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Duck Season

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by trixr606
they've been talking about it quite a bit..

i don't pay attention to much but i actually heard that on the radio a few times
Well....

They're trying to merge. No doubt about that.

however, I think (and I'm too lazy to look this up)
1.) There's a specific charter in the FCC or FTC saying that two satellite radio companies can't form together for a monopoly.
2.) Dish Network and DirectTv tried this, and it failed for the sake of it being a monopoly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 03:02 PM

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Another vote for Sirius. I rarely listen to regular radio anymore.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
It's like clockwork-

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
well i just talked to a guy that works at the radio shack about the sirius stiletto, he said he's had a lot of complaints about poor reception around tree's and buildings.. so that's kinda up in the air, it also kidna sucks you have to use their headphones.. i was kidna hoping to use my own..
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-16-2007, 04:08 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by trixr606
well i just talked to a guy that works at the radio shack about the sirius stiletto, he said he's had a lot of complaints about poor reception around tree's and buildings.. so that's kinda up in the air, it also kidna sucks you have to use their headphones.. i was kidna hoping to use my own..

Well, honestly, I only use it in the car, so I can't really comment about walk-around reception. I do know that it is one of the smaller (smallest?) portable units, and comes with different capacity batteries to make it smaller or last longer. It does also feature WiFi capability if you're willing to pay a little more for it, where if you're in an area with wifi hotspots (usually metropolitan areas, schools, and generic coffee houses), it will connect to the internet and actually stream sirius from the net if you prefer.

As for using their headphones, you can use your own if you want. They provide headphones with a built-in antenna, but it's absolutely retarded looking.

Another thing I really liked about it, is you can one button record songs off the feed, and play them back later. Something like 2 or 4 gigs of space on the thing, I don't recall offhand. You can also put mp3's on it as well, from your computer or whatever. So it kind of doubles as a mp3 / portable satellite receiver.

Maybe there's some place that will offer a money back guarantee on the hardware? So you could try it out and see for yourself.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 12:51 AM
Duck Season

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Bippi
I'd like to put in a vote for sirius. All channels (maybe stern isn't) are commercial free, not just a very select few... and the uncensorship is much higher on sirius than it is on XM. Like, there's a few censored channels on sirius, but those are few and far between...and even then, the censorship is more like, "we just play stuff from the 50s." Whereas, my friends with XM say there's ONE uncensored rap channel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the R6Messagenet.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in