2007 Pueblo Track Schedule and Info - R6Messagenet.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Eli, please ban winter

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
2007 Pueblo Track Schedule and Info

So as a lot of you know Pueblo Motorsports Park (PMP) is now requiring that riders have a safety course or race school (in the last 3 years) under their belt to ride there this year. Inconvienent, maybe, but it makes for a safer environment at the track and I'm all for it.

I've compiled a list of all the school times, contacts, and bike only days for you lucky souls. Now don't let my hard work go to waste, I want to see all you guys out there this year.

Schools/Safety Courses
MRA Racing school: $150
April 8th
April 20
April 27

PMP Safety School - $149 (Probably a good option for first time track peeps)
March 6
March 22
(More dates to be scheduled - I think...)
PMP school contact is Joe Logalbo. I've only talked with him via email, but he's very nice, helpful, and fast at responding. ([email protected]) He is also in charge of the whole PMP course. So don't contact Ene at PMP.
Link to thread and requirements to attend: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/forum...ad.php?t=11097

PMP Bike Only Days
($50 1/2 day - $75 Full day.)
PMP Contact Ene - [email protected]
March 23
May 25
June 22
July 13
August 17
September 21
October 12

PMP Monday Bike Nite
( $50/5-9 PM Bike only)
May 14
June 11
June 25
July 9
July 23
August 6
August 20
September 10
September 24
October 8
October 22

Supertune Motorsports Track day/School: ($100 for track day/$250 for class)

April 19
May 24
June 21
July 12
August 16
Sept 20

I'm thinking we can use this thread to say what days we are going to, transportation, etc., etc. My first day is looking like the MRA race school on April 8th, then hopefully 2 TD's a month. That is if I get the R1 finished....

Last edited by albinohickey; 03-23-2007 at 11:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 02:54 PM
My Custom Angel Eyes

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to T-MAN-R6 Send a message via Yahoo to T-MAN-R6
Is PMP's Safety School a registered school? Would we be getting some kind of safety certificate or something? I am mainly thinking about it from a military stand point. If the $150 is actually worth going through their safety course. Or would it be better to just go through the MRA Racing Course? And one more question.... what other days are there for May on both the MRA Racing Course and PMP's Safety School.

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to get the courses out of the way when I come home for R&R so I don't have to worry about the courses when I come home from the deployment. I would rather worry about setting up a track day than having to set up a riding course and then a track day.

Thanks for getting all the info, Nick!!!

Later,
Thomas

2004 Yamaha YZF-R6
Up-Grades.... C/F Yoshimura RS-3 Slip-On | C/F Frame Sliders | Fender Eliminator Kit | Flush Mount Front Blinkers | Custom Made Angel Eyes (Halo's) | Zero Gravity Double Bubble Windscreen | Intergrated Tail Lights | Power Commander III | Pazzo Shorty Levers... More To Add Later...
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Eli, please ban winter

The PMP class only allows you to ride at Pueblo. If you take the MRA course you can get your license and race (if you'd like). So there are more creditials with the MRA class as you'll pretty much be a certified MRA rider (Just have to buy the license.)

There are no MRA classes in May. It's designed to get new riders up to snuff and ready for the season. However I'm betting you could take the PMP class. Joe (not boostedxt) was talking about having them during the Bike nights. You'd have to ask him though.

Otherwise I think the STAR racing school is in May. That would work too, but it's the most expensive option. Maybe Eli can chime in on what sort of certification you get from completing one of those courses, or CU360R6 on what you get for finishing the MRA school.

Also - Pueblo is open this weekend for bikes (both days I think) and since you don't need the safety course till April 1, anyone could go out there and rock it. Same with the March 23rd date.

Last edited by albinohickey; 02-27-2007 at 03:29 PM.

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-27-2007, 10:53 PM
My Custom Angel Eyes

Send a message via AIM to T-MAN-R6 Send a message via Yahoo to T-MAN-R6
Okay thanks Nick! Do you know if there will be any MRA Racing Courses around August/September time frame? Or would I have to wait till next season...

So if nothing is avalible in early May when I come in for R&R or when I get home from deployment, then I it looks like I will be waiting for next season.

Thanks again Nick!!!!

Later,
Thomas

2004 Yamaha YZF-R6
Up-Grades.... C/F Yoshimura RS-3 Slip-On | C/F Frame Sliders | Fender Eliminator Kit | Flush Mount Front Blinkers | Custom Made Angel Eyes (Halo's) | Zero Gravity Double Bubble Windscreen | Intergrated Tail Lights | Power Commander III | Pazzo Shorty Levers... More To Add Later...
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Eli, please ban winter

^ No I think the MRA only does classes at the beginning of the year. You could ask them though. I'm not 100% sure on that. (http://www.mra-racing.org/index.cfm?action=contact)

Otherwise I think it's the Pueblo Safety class or the Star school. I know trackaddix does schools all year long up at Motorsports Park Hasting (in Neb.) and I'm sure that would work too. That one qaulifies you for a CCS race license, I think. Lots of options.

post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 12:16 PM
Flyin Hawaiian

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Ricky has one year round for 275 and you also get your license. I like that his classes are small and more one on one time and its Ricky! I've been watching him race since I was a kid.
Plus the Jason Pridmore and the Star school comes in May the 10th its 275 to.
http://www.starmotorcycle.com/events.htm
There are more dates at some nice tracks out of state, which opens up all kinds of options with the some really good schools like the Rich Oliver school is supposed to be really good and the Schwantz school as well.

I'm lookin at least july till I can take a class now. All my $ is going to getting off paper which is up in july so I need to throw all my money at that.
So I'm gonna focus on some all day and some two day rides till then I gotta see alot more places then I did last year. I saw some pics of the iron butt ride or what ever and that route looks cool but maybe not in the time they do it in that may be a bit much for me in one day ya know.
I can't wait for the seasion to start already though.

ILLMATTIC RACING

I keep a close eye on my pets, cause they make most of their moves off instinct and sense, It goes eat,sleep,fuck and selfdefense so straight you can set your clocks and place bets
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-28-2007, 03:06 PM

I am thinking of doing this....but I am waiting till I find out if I will continue to live here in 3 months.

Thanks Nick...

joe
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 10:01 AM

Yeah thanks Nick. I just hope I will be able to attend one of those. To many bills to little income, but I am going to try and get it together. If not I will attempt to join Nick for a class in July. Suits gotta come first.
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 10:18 AM

Quick Question about suits. How do I know what size i need??
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-01-2007, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Eli, please ban winter

^ Best thing to do is take an early Sat. afternoon and go to Performance Cycle on Broadway and try every single brand thay have. Then go to Faye and try on all the brands there. (That's the 2 places I've found carry the most suits.) Then you'll have a better idea of what size and brands fits you best, and can troll all the forums for good deals on used stuff.

Kneedraggers is also selling all their old rentals for around $200-$300. My best guess at your suit size is US 40.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the R6Messagenet.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in