Recommended Tire Installers - R6Messagenet.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
N*gga stole my bike!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recommended Tire Installers

In MD. After being raped by my local shop for a simple mount and balance, I figure it would be nice to hear where other folks are getting their tires mounted and balanced.

This can actually become a "Northeast" recommended tire installer thread if you guys want. A single location for this information could come in handy to others in the region.

Just to give you an idea of what I mean by "raped", I went to Battley Cycles in Gaithersburg, MD. I have read several posts on these forums of how it is much cheaper to remove the wheels from your bike and bring the wheels + tires to the shop on your own. I called up this particular shop asking about the price for that scenario and was told it would be $47. I was happy with that price seeing how I spent $120 when I rode my bike there to have the tires mounted. Going through the labor of removing my own wheels brought that $120 down to a mere $47. And other members on this board have stated similar prices, usually around $40 from what I've seen.

Anyways, I get there with the wheels in my trunk and tires in the passenger seat. The guy at the service counter tells me it'll run me $47... PER WHEEL!!! Pretty much coming out to a little over $100. I'm thinking to myself, this can't be right. The trouble of removing my own wheels and all only to save myself $20? But sure enough, that was their price.

I later on found out that CAD Cycles in Gaithersburg, MD only charges $25 per wheel. Pretty much half the price of Battley, so that is where I will go in the future. I would like to hear of any better deals in the area though.

Post up where you get your tires mounted, the price, and the method (wheels on/off the bike).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 12:33 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
my garage, by myself, for free.
Do it for friends and strangers alike for $15 per wheel. Lil more if on the bike.

Takes me ~30 mins start to finish for 1 wheel, on the bike, mounted, & balanced. Im extremely particular and the balance takes the most time. About 15 mins for a mount & balance on a wheel handed to me.

Best part... I can guarantee no damage to wheels and can do ANY wheel including CF unlike ALL my local shops.
My evil plan was to go mobile with a cargo trailer and totally torpedo their tire installation market by doing it on site. Fortunately for them....my day job keeps me "soft" with a comfortable salary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the R6Messagenet.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in