PSC'ing with Bike - Page 2 - R6Messagenet.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 11:18 AM
is bikeless

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
^^^ I didn't get mine crated, but I didn't get mine shipped from overseas. I thought it was cool that they had there own pallet with tie downs and everything made just for motorcycles. No damage what so ever to my bike

It takes more love to share the saddle than it does to share the bed

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-31-2006, 11:58 PM
Crash test dummy

I think that is why mine was crated, cause it was from overseas.

~Carl
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 06:07 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I shipped my bike household goods. My shippers said that as long as it wasn't leaking oil or other fluids and the gas tank was empty we were fine. You have to disconnect the battery so I would just take it out and put it on a tender because it'll take a few weeks or a month to get your stuff so otherwise it'll be dead when you get it. My only complaint was my side cover (tail fairing whatever you want to call it) was scratched rashed to the plastic on the trailing edge above the tail light. This was because the dumbasses that loaded the truck at the warehouse had wedged my wire trash can between the wall of the truck and the bike. As the truck went over bumps the wire on the trashcan wore its way through all the moving pads they had put over the plastics. Otherwise it was a great experience and everything was fine. If something like that happens to you it'll require a couple signatures and a little paper work but will ultimately be okay.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 04:07 AM Thread Starter

Well find out today that I will not be able to send my bike back to the states. The TMO personal told me I could but come to find out I can't. The only good thing is that I found out now and not the day the moves came to box everything up. So I have some time to sell it here before I leave for the states. Man this sucks. Oh well I guess I have to find another bike when I get back to the states. Thank for all the tipes before.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-19-2006, 02:05 AM
Crash test dummy

Why did they say you can't??

~Carl
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 10:11 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
JapR6Amer
What base are you stationed at? I just shipped my bike back from Yokota about a year ago. My bike was not even US specs. There is some things you got to do to get the bike ready. I even registered it here in the US with no problems, but due to the MVD not having a clue here. If you need any info, just email me. The people in TMO are just being lazy as usual, so they do not have to do the paperwork..

[email protected]

Don
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-17-2006, 05:58 AM Thread Starter

Well. I looked up the reg on shipping the bike. There is a rule on not being able to ship bike that don't meet U.S. spec. The shipping company the gov is using is now following that rule. I knew of ppl here that shipped their bike that was not U.S. spec. Well the good thing is I was able to trade it for a R1R U.S. spec. I looked at what they will be looking for and come to find out I could have shipped the R6. The R6 had a 17 digit vin the only thing missing was the sticker that said something about EPA. Which i could have order from a OEM store online. Oh well, I now have a R1 I will be riding in South Dakota. Yeah. Thanks again for all the good info and sorry about the late reply.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

Well TMO took my bike today. I am sad. I won't be able to ride for about 3 to 4 month. It also looked like I could have taken a chance and shipped the R6 and not to have gotten the R1. Oh well, I always wanted a R1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the R6Messagenet.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in