Great day today.... - R6Messagenet.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Great day today....

Well I had a really great day to start off the upcoming new year.... I had this week off for the holidays.. I got a phone call from the commander today, saying that they needed all military in first thing.. I got my uniform ready as usual, and went to work..

The squadron is sitting in the conference room thinking it is another safety briefing since Holloman is on the ACC bad list for incidents that have happened in the past month with members of the base..

The general comes into the squadron and starts talking about some of the contracts the squadron has done, and he points at me and call me up.. Next thing you know he hands me my next stripe..

It was a great day!!! Effective as soon as he handed me my stripe, I am an E-6 and the other great news is that my baby should be born in the next couple of days... Wow.........

Well I was totally shocked and I could not believe it..

Everyone have a safe holiday.

Don
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 01:31 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Congrats! Its an early April fools joke. =)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-22-2005, 06:26 PM
Crash test dummy

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Congrats! One of the guys I know just got STEP'd too. I can't wait to get my Tech stripe!!

~Carl

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 05:04 PM

congrats on your 6 Techy. It is a great feeling to know you're not the lowest ranking NCO. When I was handed my 6 it was a real surprise seeing I've only been a 5 for 12 months.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2005, 05:13 PM
FUTURE RACER BELOW

Send a message via AIM to oldirtysturdy
I wish it was that easy in the AF. I guess nobody would be an E-6 in the army if you had to take a written test
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-24-2005, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldirtysturdy
I wish it was that easy in the AF. I guess nobody would be an E-6 in the army if you had to take a written test
probably not. We actually have real world leadership skills and ability asessments to determine our promotions. You can' t lead an infantry squad from a radar screen.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-26-2005, 03:38 AM

Congrats

Congratulations. I too just got advanced but not as high. I was just advanced to E-4. One more year and I should be E-5 and then O-1E should be after that
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-26-2005, 07:57 PM
FUTURE RACER BELOW

Send a message via AIM to oldirtysturdy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMRoadster
probably not. We actually have real world leadership skills and ability asessments to determine our promotions. You can' t lead an infantry squad from a radar screen.
yeah, I went to school and scored perfect on my PT test, so now I am an e-6. is that what you are talking about? or how about "i have been in for 3 years now, so I am an E-5"

I work around 60,000 army all day, so I have no idea what you're talking about. I just know that it's rare that I meet a soldier that comes off as being remotely intelligent

Don, How long have you been an E-5?

Last edited by oldirtysturdy; 12-26-2005 at 08:00 PM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldirtysturdy
yeah, I went to school and scored perfect on my PT test, so now I am an e-6. is that what you are talking about? or how about "i have been in for 3 years now, so I am an E-5"

I work around 60,000 army all day, so I have no idea what you're talking about. I just know that it's rare that I meet a soldier that comes off as being remotely intelligent

there's a lot more to it than just a pt test or time in grade bud. A lot more schooling, especially in the infantry. 6 in a line unit is a squad leader. As a squad leader, you better be on top of the game if your men are to make it alive behind the lines. Believe it or not, that requires a bit of intelligence. I scored 101 on the asvab and 3 semesters away from law school. I hope that changes your statistics. I've met airmen who didn't even know what a 249 is and carried m16's without ammo in a hostile zone. Fuck I met one who kept his bolt in a zip lock. But that didn't negate their intellligence. Granted you're around a lot of 82nd guys, mostly grunts. I agree that grunts are stupid in their private years. It's the Army's learning process. If you're meeting some pretty stupid ones, then you need to stop hanging out with the privates. This thread has been jacked enough. We can continue the conversation through pm if you like. Otherwise I'm done pissing in the snow.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-27-2005, 03:08 PM
VSISAPUNKBITCH!

Feedback Score: 15 reviews
congrats. i hope to put on E7 in 2006 sometime...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the R6Messagenet.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in