R6 Message Net banner

Art Exhaust !!!read Urgently

11K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  embryo 
#1 ·
just bought an art slip on for my 02 R6 from the bike show in edinburgh and to say the least im absolutely disgusted !!! i feel totally ripped of !! the pipe it came with was bent to fit ok but came NOT EVEN CLOSE TO FITTING my downpipes i had to saw an old exhaust to slip inside the pipe and use quite a bit of paste to stop it from BLOWING which i suppose il have to make it a regular check!!! and to top it all when i tightened up the clamp to secure it to the back rests THE CAN CRIMPED not to mention the metal sticker which says ART PRO SERIES / / is actually coming unstuck AND FALLING OFF the only thing they gave me was a visa reciept for a TOTAL PIECE OF CRAP

#2 ·
:wtf
If you know the company you bought it from and you havent attempted to modify, or damaged the pipe then the normal 14 days rules should apply I think :umm

But F*$% that! Even so, I'd get into contact and either get a refund or an exchange! It sounds like they have taken the piss mate. I can see that you're not happy and I can really feel your pain.

Which copay did u get it from?

#3 ·
Hi mick-mcg
I had a Art carbon can which I brought new (I still have as a spare) which I thought was perfect, as you said the metal sticker was a bit of an after thought but then because it is a bit of a lower end pipe I removed it, as for the pipe fit to your down pipes did you remove the gasket from your old pipe to reuse. I think your find Art have a lifetime guarantee try talking to them.
I'm sorry to say you get what you pay for I now have a akro and the quality between the 2 is noticable.
Mick

#7 ·
I'd definitely give them a call and complain. I got an oval Ti can from Art at the London MCN show, and really can't fault it. Fits great, looks great, sounds great (and doesn't have the logo thing on the side).

#9 ·
Art are quality

Were your eyes open or closed at the time of purchase:surprise:

them and scorpion are the only 2 mid price range that add hp even an akro slip on a couple of hp its all in the mind

many a bike ive dynoed "R6! with home made to £300 cans. pop standard one on and gain 2 hp

a slip on is a pair of jimmy choos for blokes !!!! without headers a waste of money an air filter will give more hp but you cant see it

food for thought take art badge off a put blag akro sticker on be loads faster then plus will sell in seconds on bay

#10 ·
Bump of the century?

Wow, that's definitely the biggest thread bump I've ever seen :) This thread is nearing 15 years old, so there are probably kids here on the forum now that were toddlers back when the thread started.

And those of us who were in our mid twenties in 2005, are now in our forties and have kids...

For what it's worth, I was happy with the Art can for the duration that I had the R6. I can't remember what I paid for it, but not much, and apart from crash damage it looked good. Since so long has passed, quality has probably changed.

Does anyone buy an end can in the hope of performance improvements? I just wanted to improve looks and sound, and not risk burning myself as you did on the standard exhaust. I definitely wasn't hoping for faster times around the track.

I've gone through a few other motorbikes since these days, but am now back on a proper bike, with pedals, wide bars and knobbly tyres. As much fun as track days, less expensive, and doesn't take up quite as much of the weekends.

Anyhow, cool to be reminded, and get some r6messagenet nostalgia!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.