Post the best advice someone gave you that improved your riding - Page 9 - R6Messagenet.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 81 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 01:03 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation RELAX

Hold on with your knees on tank and relax the shoulders , slowest point of corner is entry so dont arrive hard on front brake once hit apex look where you want the bike to go and it will , also knock it up a gear ,no need to be in 2nd gear at 40 mph 3rd or even 4th will corner far quicker ... reverse steering is a joy its the whole principle of gyroscopic force and the bike is doing it without you noticing ......next time your out make a effort to relax the shoulders as your hindering the bike finding its own way and try your fave corner in a higher gear arrive not doing an endo into a corner then full chat in second , coz some old guy will sail past on an old triumph in top gear ......dont look 5 foot in front of your wheel spindle look into the distance and the bike will take you there..... dont over think it enjoy it , try cruising though the twisties in top dropping to 5th 4th and 3rd if tight dont brake at all use throttle to arrive at corner , spot apex ease on pass apex give it all its got and i bet you are far faster than dropping into second for a tight corner or coz you have arrived too fast and shoulders tense this is where everyone learns slowest part of corner is entry ....
try a round about in second , then try third and i bet 4th covers the ground faster.... i have a friend who dis agrees with everything i say arrives forks fully compressed down into second shoulders tense cant spot apex for panic and i ride the long way round him to prove a point in 4th or 5th ....you all know your own limits but try it on a road you know , always be up a gear a least if not two no heavy braking you will surprise yourself and cover ground faster and enjoy riding more ....relax those arms coz your stopping reverse steering naturally taking place .

I AM NOT CLAIMING TO BE A KNOW IT ALL.... A 68 year old showed me up on a cbr 600 me on a slabside 750 both new at the time arms locked hard on brakes and second gear for most 40-50 mph corners ....

"A MOTORBIKE TRANSPORTS THE SOUL AND THE BODY FOLLOWS BY DEFAULT"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the R6Messagenet.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in