R6Messagenet.com

R6Messagenet.com (https://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/)
-   Bikes For Sale (https://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/bikes-sale/)
-   -   FS/FT 2005 Raven R1 (https://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/bikes-sale/53707-fs-ft-2005-raven-r1.html)

BottleRocket 07-27-2005 02:59 PM

FS/FT 2005 Raven R1 [in Dallas, TX]

After my trackday in June, I have been wanting a 600cc bike to race instead of a liter bike, so its time to sell the R1. I'd especially like an '03 R6.

The bike is completely stock except for a Puig dark smoke windscreen (the one w/o the goofy looking "R"). All of the turn signals have been removed and the plate is mounted to the passenger pegs (no holes have been drilled). It also still has the stock tires on it (Dunlop 218: 190 Rear, 70 Front) but they will be replaced soon. The bike has 2900 miles on it right now and has had 4 oil changes (all Motorex). The bike is in mint condition. There are no dents or scratches anywhere and it is always clean (clean it at least once a week). I also clean and lube the chain every time I wash it.

I absoloutely love the bike, but I would like to get something smaller for the track. I'd like to get $9800 for the bike. I would also consider trades for a nice '03 R6 or if you have something thats still nice, post up. Im pretty open right now. My intentions are to get a bike for the street and a bike for the track. I definately want an R6 for the track. It would be nice to have another for the street, but anything goes right now

http://dfwls1.com/hosting/albums/use...1/S4010433.jpg

upslogger19 07-27-2005 03:23 PM

Why are you so set on an 03? Get an 05, better forks and brakes for the track.

sakums20 07-27-2005 04:48 PM

i have a red 05 r6 that i might want to upgrade to a liter.

BottleRocket 07-27-2005 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upslogger19
Why are you so set on an 03? Get an 05, better forks and brakes for the track.

its not better for the track for 90% of the people on here. If you can go noticeably faster with inverted forks and radial brakes, you should be racing in the CMRA or something.

Im set on an '03 because of the price difference. I can get an '03 for a few thousand less then an '05. Im not 100% set on an R6 anyway. Im set on one for the track, but for the street i'd prefer an R6, but im open right now

rubonafide 07-27-2005 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BottleRocket
its not better for the track for 90% of the people on here. If you can go noticeably faster with inverted forks and radial brakes, you should be racing in the CMRA or something.

Im set on an '03 because of the price difference. I can get an '03 for a few thousand less then an '05. Im not 100% set on an R6 anyway. Im set on one for the track, but for the street i'd prefer an R6, but im open right now

Good Breaks do make faster track times.... Break later, break harder= better track time. You do not need to be pro to notice or take full advantage of better forks and better breaks. :rockon

Big Deezul 07-27-2005 10:00 PM

I will even swap you for my 03 race bike

BottleRocket 07-28-2005 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubonafide
Good Breaks do make faster track times.... Break later, break harder= better track time. You do not need to be pro to notice or take full advantage of better forks and better breaks. :rockon

yeah, you really do. if you had an '03 and I had an '05 and I outran you, you probably couldnt beat me if you got the same '05. I also dont think its worth $2000-3000 for the upgrade

Deezul - You bike looks badass but I would rather trade for something that I can get a decent ammount of cash with so that I can put that towards a race bike. Thanks for your offer though!

smokinHawk 07-28-2005 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BottleRocket
bike is located in Dallas, TX

dang it so far a way.
id love to swap you my black 03 R6 and some cash, but thats a heck of a ways from ohio.
been wanting to upgrade to a R1, let me check, yup still 15.5 hours away from texas :myfault

sdastg1 07-28-2005 02:36 PM

thats only two days of riding ... or u guys can meet in the middle

smokinHawk 07-28-2005 02:47 PM

but our banks are not in the middle.