2005 R6 - Super Clean - R6Messagenet.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-19-2014, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2005 R6 - Super Clean

BUY MY BIKE!!! Spring cleaning - I need the space. I have new projects and this one isn't seeing near as many miles as it should. I purchased this 05 R6 from North Carolina while I was working there back in 2010 and bought it as a winter project and to eventually replace my 02. The bike had been put down and tweaked a front fork and most of the plastics. The shop I bought it from had already checked the frame and swing arm and didn't find any damage. There is a few scuffs on the swing arm, but nothing so severe it needed replacing.

I replaced both front forks with a custom Triple Tree to accept a set of 2008 Gold Forks. I also swapped out the lower triple just to make sure it wasn't tweaked. As you know 2005 was a real odd ball year, the later 2008's are easier to find, look better and are more plentiful should you need parts or upgrades. I also upgraded the front to stainless brake lines for better performance. I also replaced the radiator, it had some fin damage and I didn't want to deal with potential leaks.

Bike has new headlights, smoked screen, Gregg's Custom Flushmounts in the front, custom flushmounts in the rear, Custom plate holder with integrated LED Lights (cause cops are funny some times), Solo Seat, shorty exhaust, Bagster Tank Cover, (matching luggage isn't included), Frame Slides, Aftermarket Foot Pegs, and I think that's it... All plastics were professional painted and are in excellent condition. I have a plain jane sticker sticker logo package for it, but never got around to installing it. I will include the stickers with the sale. I just took the bike out of storage and washed it.

I am selling the bike due to a simple lack of time. I wound up buying a SportTouring bike a few years back which is way more comfortable for long trips with lots of luggage. Between the big bike and the track bike and a jeep with another Jeep build going in the garage, this one has to go as I don't need to store it all summer knowing it's not going to get used. As stated the bike is really clean and is actually a GREEN title, not a red salvage or an orange repair. Picture of the title is attached. The bike was originally from North Carolina, and the title and the bike are currently in the Detroit Suburbs. I probably have $4,500 in the bike in addition to an unknown number of hours. I would like to get $4,000 for the bike and am negotiable on the final price. Yes, I will be taking a loss on the bike, but I was able to ride it for a couple years and had a ton of fun reassembling it so I think $four is reasonable.

I have attached a few photos below and can send more if you are interested. You can respond to this thread or shoot me a PM. I can also do Texts at the phone number listed. Sorry this is a cash deal only, no trades. Too many scammers and con artists forging checks and printing their own fake Money orders. So I apologize that all the other DoucheBags have ruined it for the rest of us, but cash is king.

Looking forward to hearing from you - Ride Safe - Jeff-586-713-2847

P.S. Forgive the Cheesy background in the one photo. As I mentioned, "spring cleaning". The day I took the photo my garage was empty to clean it out and my house looked like Sanford & Sons. I had to edit some of the garbage out of the background - it was a disaster.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 05 R6 Cockpit.jpg (151.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 05 R6 Rear.jpg (162.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 05 R6 RH Side.jpg (273.7 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 05 R6 LH Side.jpg (196.8 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 05 R6 title.jpg (218.6 KB, 22 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

BUY ME - If she doesn't find a home soon, she is going up on e-bay one part at a time...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2015, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Reviving a thread from the dead. Spent last summer building a Trail Jeep so didn't spend much time riding or selling the bike. Dropping the price to $3500, I need the space in the garage.

Entertaining all offers - I would hate to have to part it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the R6Messagenet.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in