2008 R6s with cool features (heated grips, alarm, corbin seat) - R6Messagenet.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2008 R6s with cool features (heated grips, alarm, corbin seat)

This is a truly fantastic motorcycle! I bought it new in Ft. Payne at Fort Payne Motorsports and it has been maintained under an extended warrantly (may be transferrable, I'll have to check) EXACTLY as outlined in the owner's manual ever since by the dealer. Break-in was done EXACTLY as prescribed in the owner's manual. No performance mods. Tons of cool creature features. I installed a Scorpio i900 RFID alarm system that automatically arms and disarms itself when you get near the bike or walk away with the key fob in your pocket. I also installed grip heaters with a high and low switch that's setup on a relay that automatically turns them off when you turn off the bike. Not only does this extend your season to near year round (with a good jacket, I've ridden comfortably down into the mid-30's), but you don't have to worry about remembering to turn them off and running your battery down. The bike also has a custom Corbin leather seat that is SO comfortable, even on long rides and actually lowers the rider height by about an inch. I put 3/4 inch risers on the bars, which helps a ton to keep your wrists from getting fatigued. In short, I wanted the performance of a kick ass sport bike (which this bike definitely delivers on!) with a little more comfort. Oh, I've also installed a 12 V power socket on the bike under the rear seat that I used to hook up my GPS on a long ride last year. Worked great! I'm an engineer that has been installing instrumentation on rocket test stands for most of the last decade, so you can rest assured that all the added electronics are done right. The bike has a set of Dunlop dual tread tires for great turning and improved tread life in the straights (Roadmasters I think is the name of them). This is a whole lot of bike for the money that runs better than new! Feel free to call me at (256) 605-7146 or email at [email protected] if interested. No test drives without money in my hand. I believe the mileage is somewhere in the 8,800 neighborhood. Title in hand. Always garaged. Excuse the bugs on the front as I haven't washed it since I rode a couple days ago.

Price is $5,500.

See my craigslist ad at http://huntsville.craigslist.org/mcy/2407633818.html for pictures.

"You can't be king of the world if you're slave to the grind" -Skid Row

Last edited by Faceshield bug collector; 05-29-2011 at 10:47 AM. Reason: forgot to include price
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 05:50 AM Thread Starter

Any interest at $5,200?

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

Here's a pic I took a few days back. More available if interested.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0383.jpg (240.5 KB, 34 views)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-24-2011, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

New price: $4,750

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the R6Messagenet.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in