FS: 2006 Ducati 749 track bike (or trade for R6 track bike) - R6Messagenet.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
FS: 2006 Ducati 749 track bike (or trade for R6 track bike)

Hi everyone. Up for sale is my 2006 Ducati 749 track bike. Has just under 5,400 miles on it as of right now…runs incredibly strong, and looks fantastic as well (as the pictures demonstrate). Truly a very capable machine on the track…handles better than any other track bike I’ve owned; useable power…super easy to go fast on thanks to its user-friendly nature. Here’s a run-down of the parts/mods/goodies:

- Ohlins triple shock
- Ohlins 20mm kit in the forks (just serviced/refreshed before this season – Feb 2011)
- Ohlins steering damper
- Motowheels offset triple clamps
- Yoyodyne clip-ons
- Yoyodyne slipper clutch
- Brembo 19x20 Master Cylinder
- Termi half-system exhaust
- Gilles rearsets
- Yoyodyne upper fairing stay
- PCIII (custom tune)
- Yoyodyne sub-frame
- Sharkskinz bodywork (professionally painted)
- STM button-kit (full floating rotors)
- SJRL brake pads
- CRG clutch lever
- STM breather (oil overflow)
- R&G frame sliders
- Lightened rear rotor
- Ducati performance clutch slave cylinder
- Brand new Driven sprockets & RK chain (April 2011)
- Puig windscreen
- Stomp grip

I’m sure there are a few other things I’m probably missing here, but you get the point. Overall a very nicely appointed machine…premium parts all around. It honestly needs nothing…ready to go the track immediately. I have ALL of the original keys for the bike, including the elusive “red key”.

As far as history of the bike, it was originally purchased as a crashed street-bike from an insurance company prior to being set-up for the track. It had roughly 2,500 miles on it at that time. All damage was entirely cosmetic, and it definitely shows…no evidence of damage today with how it looks, and certainly no impact to how it rides…it rides absolutely flawlessly. I do have the title for the bike that was originally provided by the insurance company…please ask about this if you contact me regarding the bike, as it’s much easier to explain that part of it via phone than in this post.

Beyond that, I’ll let the pics do the rest of the talking. I’m asking $6,600. Or will consider trades for a 2006 or newer Yamaha R6 (R model, not S model) that is already set up for the track, as I’m looking to go back to an in-line 4. Shoot me an email ([email protected]) if you have questions about the bike, want to set up a time to take a look at it, etc. I’m located in Omaha, NE. Willing to deliver within a reasonable distance of Omaha.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the R6Messagenet.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in