Battery - R6Messagenet.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Battery

I replaced my stator and rectifier on my bike took it for a ride about 30 min into my gauges went off bike kept running about a mile then died battery was completely dead had my dad come with jumper cables bike started right up rode it about mile home battery died again. My battery was fully charged when left what else could it be? Do I need a new battery or something else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 04:24 PM

If you replaced your stator/rectifier with a used parts, chances are one or both may not be working. If you replaced it with a cheap eBay rectifier and stator, chances are you may have fried your battery. I've experienced the horror of cheap stator/rectifier combo from eBay, it rides fine for a bit and you start to get a smell of rotten eggs or sulfur and minerals from a hot springs, that is your battery acid boiling from the cheap stator overcharging the battery, then the battery no longer holds any electrical charge and the bike might shut down on you while riding. So, you may have to replace the battery, stator and rectifier to a quality one
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-21-2017, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Got both stator and rectifier new ordered it from amazon. My battery has been completely drained a few times while I was waiting on new stator hooked the battery up to my charger while letting the bike run for awhile but soon as I disconnected the charger it ran for a min then died so I've had to recharge it a few times so I'm justill hoping it's a dead battery it was a cheap bike master battery I bought when I first bought the bike

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-18-2017, 06:36 PM

So my rectifier went out on my 09 r6s last weekend. I naught a new one on Amazon but the new one has one more pin then the one I have. But it says it fits 09 r6s. Can anyone tell me how many pins I'm looking for just to make sure I have the correct piece
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan J. Hamre View Post
So my rectifier went out on my 09 r6s last weekend. I naught a new one on Amazon but the new one has one more pin then the one I have. But it says it fits 09 r6s. Can anyone tell me how many pins I'm looking for just to make sure I have the correct piece
If I remember correctly, it should be 6 pins. I replaced my 08 R6S a few months ago and that is what I recall from memory (1 ground (black), 1 live (red), 4 white).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the R6Messagenet.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.