turbo r6 kit : Yamaha R6 Forum: R6MessageNet : YZF-R6 Forums

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   R6Messagenet.com > Yamaha YZF-R6 > The Welcome Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 06:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
jake03r6's Garage
Default turbo r6 kit

I am going to start making full turbo kits for 2003-05 r6. It will have all the parts ready to bolt on and go. I dont have a full price for the kit, but i estemate that i will be aroung 3500. I will tryto start selling them at the first ofthe year if the demand is high. So if you are interested in getting one let me know. Ill give you more info when i get the kit done. So please do not ask me to tell you what i am going to use till i am done and i know it will work properly. mygoal is not to make a crazy bike that you have to be an expert to ride just something that is faster than the 1000's with the insurance price of a 600.
jake03r6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2009, 08:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

jake03r6's Garage

No one is interested? The parts with the kit will be all ready to bolt on and easy to do so any one can put it on. it will have turbonetics turbo, wastgate, blowoff, and custom intercooler. i am not telling all the sizes, if you want to build one your self you need to do your home work. at 5-6 psi boost with the intercooler it should be around 170hp at the wheel thats about 10 or 15 more than the new r1. i will also start making the kits for the 06-08 r6. just let me know if you may be interested in getting one?
Old 11-12-2009, 12:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

MyGFsR6's Garage

While I wouldn't be interested in buying a pre-made kit for an R6, I sure would like to see your system when it's done. I have a turbo Hayabusa and love it. I bet an R6 with 170 hp would be an incredible ride. Good luck with your venture!
MyGFsR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

jake03r6's Garage

yea the big thing is getting a intercooler to fit. i have not found any kits with an intercooler, and the big thing with air to air it will be hard to program the bike with the constant air timp change. with air to air it does not really make a differance till about 60mph and it won't cool it in trafic so that is why ill be making it air to water intercooler.its alittle bit more weight but it will make it very streetable and keep the air temp the same if it's 100 deg or 50.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

MyGFsR6's Garage

Turbos on bikes rule. It took my stock-internals 2007 Hayabusa from 173 hp to 287 hp. I'm upgrading the guts over the winter and I'm shooting for a bit north of 400 to the tire. Good luck with your project.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

chicken strips's Garage

i want one for my 07 yzf r6 a man intercoolers on opp racing.com but i will like to see a clip on how they ride first i guess you will be up on one each gear sounds like fun
chicken strips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

chicken strips's Garage

how much for the 2007 yzf r6 will be goin for $3500
Old 11-23-2009, 09:04 AM   #8 (permalink)

jake03r6's Garage

The kit should be around $4000 maybe less. im using all hi end parts not cheep crap that will break in about a month.The best tip that i got about turbos is from a guy that ran in his younger days trying to bet land speed records on turbo bikes he said the faster you go the faster you go. He had a yamaha 750 with hillburn injectors and turbo at about 400hp that caught my eye.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

chicken strips's Garage

thats what i want to see how much HP i can get out of this R600cc?
Old 11-24-2009, 01:20 AM   #10 (permalink)

MyGFsR6's Garage

The turbo Hayabusas are making up to 700 hp. That's a 1300cc engine with forged internals, supporting fuel system and all the other stuff. I'd imagine the 600s could make 300 hp without grenading (depending on the availability of good internals). I'd place stock internal engines at about 180-ish (assuming adequate fuel). Agree or no?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement