The Get in Better Shape Thread (1/1/08 - 7/1/08) - Page 3 - R6Messagenet.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 05:24 AM
mentally endangered

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This post is contingent upon a couple of factors outside my control (nods to UH60)

Height - 6ft
Weight - 165
BM - not an ounce of fat on me.
Goals - 185. Major increase in strength. Basicaly where I was before that virus almost killed me.

supps - I liked the animal stack 1/2 with NO and creatine. It didn't fukk with my body much and I saw decent enough gains to justify reuse.

Good luck fellas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBO109728
^seriously, that post made less sense than Talon getting married

Illegitimus non carborundum est!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 07:10 AM

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Weight - 171lbs (+/- 2lbs)
Height - 5'9"ish

Goals - Just trying to just lose body fat. Want to go down to 160-165lbs and become more toned. Not really trying to get bigger, except for my chest. Plus I want my abs back. Started about 2 months ago. Lost close to 10lbs already.

Diet - Really need to work on it. I do my best to try and eat healthy. Only suppliment I take is a protein shake I make myself after workouts. Might try others.

Workout routine - I lift weights Mon-Fri. I do sets of 15-18 for the excercises I do. Everyday I'm at work (3-2-2 schedule) I try to get about 30min-1hr of cardio if I get a chance, but it doesn't always happen though.

Mon - Back & abs
Tues - Chest
Wed - Legs
Thurs - Shoulders, biceps, & abs
Fri - Chest & triceps
Sat - abs

post #23 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 10:58 AM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Weight - 160
Height - 5'5"ish

Goals - Mainly i want to tone up and lose body fat. Between school and work for about 5 years i had NO exercise.
I started working out about a month ago and was at about 153, so i gained about 7 lbs. I think the main reason for the weight gain is the suppliments and gained muscle(i hope). I would like to keep my weight around 160-165.

Diet - I have been taking creatine and drinking protein shakes. Instead of a full meal of crap food, I have been eating a big salad and controling my portion sizes. I have also almost completely cut out soda. Now im going to try to cut out alcohol.

Workout routine - I have been working out about 45 minutes a day 5 days a week. Every day I just kinda randomly do different things, but I do at least some weights and cardio every day. With school starting back up in a few days, im not sure how my schedule will change.

I think the creatine has really helped. I would recommend it to anyone that wants a little boost. You will probably gain some water weight, but it helps out a bit.
post #24 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Eh? Eh?

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to circe Send a message via MSN to circe
Quote:
Originally Posted by UH60/R6 Pilot
Stive/Circe... Take this for what it is worth... When I went to talk to my flight surgeon about the supplements (search for the supplements thread started by me if you would like to read it) he advised me that when I workout I should do the weights first, then the cardio. He said this would burn more fat, but I cant for the life of me remember why. I have started doing that in the past week, but it is too soon for me to see any results.

Interesting, I can't think why it would make a difference...isn't it all about staying in your heart rate range? I'll have to research more. Although, I don't know how I'd go running after doing the weights...that typically whipes me out and makes my legs all rubbery.

You'll rue the day! Go on! Start rueing!
post #25 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 01:29 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
He said something about burning the glycogen stores in our muscles or some crap first and then running. i ave no idea what it was, I just got that I should run after lifting. It defies logic to me too, but I have been doing it for a few days and I cant say one way or the other if it works. I am jsut passing the info from what hte Doc said.

Originally posted by Stunaz:

why not take a pic of your bag streched out over your dong with something like "guess whats waiting under the sheets"

better than gay ass cats
post #26 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 03:50 PM

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I'm in
5'10" 195 lbs

Basically looking to get down to 175 and toned. I've gained 40 lbs in the last 5 years and trying to give some of it back.

doing a full body workout 3 times a week and cardio right after for 20-30 min. And then another 2 cardio sessions a week of 45-1 hr.

part of the reason you do weights first is because you won't be able to lift as much if you do cardio first.

And those pit workout dvds and crossfit.com workouts are good stuff

03 R6 - Full Hindle, PC3, 520 conversion, v-stacks, ignition advancer, wp rear shock, carbon hugger, tinted screen, gregg's flushmounts, corbin seat, seat cowl, fender eliminator, powdercoated rearsets, pazzos, ca tail light
post #27 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
He said something about burning the glycogen stores in our muscles or some crap first and then running. i ave no idea what it was, I just got that I should run after lifting. It defies logic to me too, but I have been doing it for a few days and I cant say one way or the other if it works. I am jsut passing the info from what hte Doc said.
I guess I could possibly see it because the muscles will have the fat to feed off of so if you work out to build muscle first, they may be more responsive. Also, I know lifting will burn cals all through the day as the muscle tries to repair itself, so you may have longer effect from your lifting routine than cardio... not sure.

Think I'm gonna stick with my technique for a bit though, figure another month or so and I should be down another 20 lbs. pretty encouraging when everytime you stop in at the gym you see another pound or so less from the scale
post #28 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 07:31 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
I've always heard that the best time to do cardio is FIRST thing in the morning. Why? Because you've spent all night fasting, so no food in your system. This forces your body to use your fat stores for fuel. So I do cardio first thing, wait an hour after my workout to eat. For weights, I've heard it's different. You actually want some kind of protien in your system so your muscles can rebuild. I've used this method in the past with good results. Your mileage may vary though.

Throw that Bob Marley wannabe motherf**ker outta here - Maynard
post #29 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 07:42 PM

i just read in either mens fitness or maxim or some magazine of the sort that doing cardio on an empty stomach is simply a myth. i'm not sure of the exact reasons but it was along the lines of you always have a certain amount of blood sugar circulating in your body and it doesn't matter if it comes from food or stored energy. there is a slight difference if you always work out on an empty stomach, but it is hardly any difference. basically just do what you feel best doing. i know i feel amazing when i wake up in the morning and work out, but it all depends on my schedule that day and most importantly the day before.

so in short, work out (weights or cardio) with whatever you are most comfortable with, because you being comfortable will yield your best results. i will try to dig up the article though, i think i read it while taking a shit.

-Mike

2006 Blue R6
post #30 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 10:44 PM

i got a quick question about lifting lower body. i know your legs are your biggest muscle group in your body, and i know muscle burns fat really well. i recall back when i was playing football in college and doing insane leg workouts that i couldn't hardly keep any body fat on. i'm sure part of that was because i was so active and also because i had a great deal of muscle mass burning calories.

my question is though should i just stick to regular free weight squats? or should i mix it up with a hack squat machine/leg press. i have all of the equipment at my house and i was wondering if anyone thought there was any advantage in doing normal free weight squats over the hack squat/leg press. i also am going to incorporate alternating dumbbell lunges into my workout once i get some more dumbbells, but that won't be for another month or two. thanks for any info or opinions.

-Mike

2006 Blue R6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the R6Messagenet.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.