The Get in Better Shape Thread (1/1/08 - 7/1/08) - Page 2 - R6Messagenet.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 04:55 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
^ based on your bodyspace pics, your body fat estimate of 20% seems really high. How did you measure it? You really think you have 34lbs of fat on you right now?

Throw that Bob Marley wannabe motherf**ker outta here - Maynard
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 05:44 PM
It's like clockwork-

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Just a reminder to those that are doing this for a new years resolution type of thing. EASE your way into it, one of the most common mistakes is killing yourself for a couple weeks and then losing interest.. if you haven't lifted a lot for a while, start off easy, and then progress as time does..

That being said.. my goals are to eat healthier and do more cardio.. and maybe lift 5 days a week instead of 4..

It isn't the experience of today that drives men mad. It is the remorse for something that happened yesterday, and the dread of what tomorrow may disclose

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMan206
Whatever trix808, you would have to be an idiot confuse 6 with an 8
post #13 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Modulator

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to NorthernR6r
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliR6
^ based on your bodyspace pics, your body fat estimate of 20% seems really high. How did you measure it? You really think you have 34lbs of fat on you right now?
I have one of those scales that have the electrodes in it. Supposed to be accurate within 1% but I know it is reading high right now. I am going to change the battery and see if I get different results. No one has calipers in this town for me to get an accurate reading. I would guess I am closer to 15%

post #14 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 10:04 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Eli... with the goal of eventually joining an MMA gym, I recommend trying the Pit Workout disk from John Hackelman. I have posted several times about it but have gotten nothing back. I read about it here on the MN and the thread fell off after a few guys reviewed it, then it was mainly griping about not enough seeds to download it for free. I spent the $15 or so that it cost and if you stick with it and eat right it works. My cardio is vastly improved and my overall strnegth is vastly improved as well. It focuses on core strength as well. I coudn't be more happy with the purchase.

Okay, as for me.

Name: UH60/R6 Pilot

Height: 5' 7"

Current Weight: 154lbs

Workout regimen: Using the Pit Workout Dvd's and weights on the days that I dont have the opportunity to use my DVD's.

Goals: lose another 10-15lbs, get my BFP lower, I estimate it is at about 10%. I have always had a muscular build and have always worked out some, but I am now eating better while doing it.

Supplements: I was stacking N.O.-Xplode, Cell Mass, and Syntha-6 with good results. I have recently stopped due to work restrictions on these products. I will be using them again while on leave.

I dont really want to post a pasty white picture of my belly. I am whiter than an albino frog's belly.

Originally posted by Stunaz:

why not take a pic of your bag streched out over your dong with something like "guess whats waiting under the sheets"

better than gay ass cats

Last edited by UH60/R6 Pilot; 01-08-2008 at 06:48 AM.
post #15 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 12:48 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by UH60/R6 Pilot
Eli... with the goal of eventually joining an MMA gym, I recommend trying the Pit Workout disk from John Hackelman. I have posted several times about it but have gotten nothing back. I read about it here on the MN and the thread fell off after a few guys reviewed it, then it was mainly griping about not enough seeds to download it for free. I spent the $15 or so that it cost and if you stick with it and eat right it works. My cardio is vastly improved and my overall strnegth is vastly improved as well. It focuses on core strength as well. I coudnt be more happy with the purchase.
Thanks for the advice!! I have a copy of those and I'll check them out...in a couple months. In all honestly, I feel like I'm starting from square 1. I don't even think I'd be able to run a mile without puking right now, I'm in bad shape. Once I get a good base going for exercise again, I'll see about using the Pit Workouts. I've heard really good things about them, but you have to be in decent shape to attempt them, right?

Throw that Bob Marley wannabe motherf**ker outta here - Maynard
post #16 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 01:08 PM

I suck at the internet, see post below

Last edited by stive403; 01-03-2008 at 01:34 PM.
post #17 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 01:09 PM

Eli, Nah man... you can give them a try, just do what you can. If I were you I would start out with these. My wife wants to get another copy for herself to get back into shape after having the baby. She hasnt done anything for almost 10 months. The Upper body one might scare you off, but dont let it, it is the hardest workout of the 3 by far. The burpee drills suck, but once you get through those it isnt too bad. The lower body one will fatigue your legs pretty well, but again only do what you can. The full body one is the least miserable. I recommend using them from the start. They could be a great gauge as to how you are progressing. The further you make it through them without having to quit the better you are doing. I was able to make it through them the first time with only having to skip a few reps here and there. Now I can knock out each one without a problem. They still get my heart rate up and give a great workout but it is a lot easier than when I started. I do them on a daily basis when I am not on standby medevac duty. They are awesome. These workouts will undoubtedly get you into shape and they are not boring either. I get bored with this stuff easily, and I am not bored with them yet. They will also provide you with a good place to start working on punching and kicking techniques when shadow boxing. You also dont need any equipment besides the tv and dvd player to do them. Good luck man, let me know how they work out for you.

why not take a pic of your bag streched out over your dong with something like "guess whats waiting under the sheets"

better than gay ass cats
post #18 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 01:16 PM

Name: Stive403
Starting Weight: 245
Height: 6' 3"
Current Weight: 220
Goal Weight: 190
% Body Fat: No idea

I busted ass for a month or so leading up to Thanksgiving and lost ~20 lbs and then since then have chipped off another 5 through the holidays and all the activities diverting me from working out.

I go to the gym typically 5 nights a week and will run on the elliptical for an hour followed by some weights. I also play volleyball, kickball, and basketball throughout the week (1 night of each) on top of the gym.

During the work week I try to keep my eating regiment to:
Cup of fat free light yogurt in the morning
Bowl of soup or chili for lunch
Apple or some sort of fruit for a snack in the afternoon
Chicken/Turkey breast or Pork with light cottage cheese for dinner.

This seams to work pretty well for me as the weight was basically falling off duing my first month and a half of the regiment. Looking to do it this way for another month or two and then once down to a good weight start tranistioning to more of a strength building routine.

Open to any suggestions or comments.
post #19 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 05:08 PM
Eh? Eh?

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to circe Send a message via MSN to circe
Alright I'm in

Ok, I'm in guys! Maybe I'll post after pictures...but no before!!

Name: Circe

Height: 5'2
BMI: 25.1

Goals: Be able to run a half marathon in six months, lose about 18lbs. Tone and define stomach and legs. Gain strength in my upper body. Get my BMI to 18.3.

Diet: High fiber, low sodium, more veggies, less red meat (none if possible, Doc's orders) I'm still managing to get the protien in by eating fish and other things.

Suppliments: Not sure what suppliments are best for me, I've never taken any before. Any suggestions are welcome!!!

I've already been working out for a month now, and already lost 5lbs. I'm running 40+min...intervals and long distance depending on the day. I'm lifting for 20+ min afterwards. I'm going two days, then resting a day.

Again, any suggestions are welcome, running/working out has only recently become a large part of my life, so I'm still pretty clueless!

You'll rue the day! Go on! Start rueing!
post #20 of 87 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 11:22 PM

Stive/Circe... Take this for what it is worth... When I went to talk to my flight surgeon about the supplements (search for the supplements thread started by me if you would like to read it) he advised me that when I workout I should do the weights first, then the cardio. He said this would burn more fat, but I cant for the life of me remember why. I have started doing that in the past week, but it is too soon for me to see any results.

better than gay ass cats
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the R6Messagenet.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.