R6 Message Net banner

Insurance hunting

896 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Gav 
#1 ·
Just got my renewal quote:

£401:76 fully comp, 2004 R1

Lets see what it comes down after a few phone calls:)

#7 ·
sorry :threadjac

ive just received my renewal for the 6 insurance which is due may 20th. im insured with motorcycle direct who sourced the policy from AXA.

i paid £690 (online) for tpft with 0 no claims with all the adds on etc, i had just qualified through das and was only 22 so wasnt to surprised at the cost but was happy it was cheapest at the time!

the renewal has come through the post quoting £640 with 1yrs no cliams?!! this wasnt much change so whilst shopping around online i tried motorcylce dirct again not changing anything but the bonus and was quoted £450 and this was again through AXA?!?!?!?!?

what do you think they are playing at? i might aswell just take out the "new" policy online!!!

cheers and sorry to jack the thread. :)

#8 ·
This is where the broker add's on all their commision, you can easily see who are the rip off companies :furious

My origional quote was £460 Fully Comp, i just rang them up and said i wouldn't stay with them unless they gave me a better quote.......
Ended up as £385 F/C 4yrs NCB Break Down cover and euro ins' cover as well plus the usual legal cover BUT its doesn't cover my helmet and leathers if i make a claim !

#9 ·
I've just renewed withe Axa, through bennetts for £269 tpft, 1 yrs ncb and only held licence for 1 yr, with legal cover and breakdown cover, on an 04 r6 with s/s scorpion can.

Paid £375 tpft with legal cover last year, they sent me the renewal through for this year wanting £369 and legal cover was extra!! so rang them and got the deal above.

Whilst I was in the mood for diplomatic negociations, I rang O2, and told them I wanted a better deal or I'd have to go to another provider, got the same amount of mins and texts, a new phone and £10 a month off my line rental:hyper

Always worth phoning to see what they can do for you:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.