Sorry for the lack of updates but some work has been done. Not many pictures this time around. The camera batteries were dying when I was doing the work but I have some.
I put the bike up on the lift and laid out the parts I had to install. I have braided brake lines, woodcraft clipons, woodcraft case covers, woodcraft rearsets, and woodcraft frame sliders.
I started with the case covers. I removed the old covers.
I transfered the stuff from the inside of the left cover the new cover. Make a note or remember well where everything was situated or the new cover wont go on right. Also remember which order the bolts go in. On the right side a few of the bolts are a little longer then some.
Case covers installed.
Next I did the rearsets. Almost a direct bolt on. Directions were pretty good and made the job pretty easy. I chose to go with the GP shift. No brake light switch provisions on the woodcraft stuff so if you want to keep the bike streetable then youll need a pressure banjo on the master cylinder.
Frame sliders were next. Once again pretty easy. Remove the engine mount bolts and replace with the mounts for the sliders. After that install the pucks and youre good to go.
Next it was time to tackle the front end. Forks got revalved, new springs, and the brake lines. Having Kates around for this is key.
Forks off the bike
Going back together
Done with new valving and springs
Forks back on and braided lines installed.
As all this was going on a little safety wiring got done as well. Once again Kates was key. Bolts drilled and wire installed.
Im sorry but I dont have any photos of the clipons going on.
That is it for now.