Bad gas/clogged injectors? : Yamaha R6 Forum: R6MessageNet : YZF-R6 Forums

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   R6Messagenet.com > Yamaha YZF-R6 > R6 Maintenance & Technical

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2005, 04:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trevor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to TSD04R6
TSD04R6's Garage
Default Bad gas/clogged injectors?

Over the winter, I forgot to add fuel stab. into my tank and only had about 1/2 tank full.

I took the bike out for the first time Tuesday night (rode 10 miles) and bike was fine.

I took the bike out yesterday (wednesday) rode 30 miles, filled up to full, rode another 30 miles so 70 miles into the year, were getting off the highway and im co-sting(sp) to a stop in N at about 50 and it stalls. I start it a few times, stalls without rev. I put it in first at the stop, stalls (it wont idle).

I ride the next 5 miles home and get stuck at about 7 lights and it stals at 4 during idle. (it went for about 2 mile with no prob)

I let the bike sit for about 25 min at home and ride to pick up some TEKRON w/ no problem (idle was fine). I fueled up again and put slightly more TEKRON in then needed (fuel/injector etc.. cleaner) and the bike ran fine for another 35 miles except stalling when co-sting into friends drive way about 10 minutes earlier. (so one stall after Tekron added)

*Im thinking over winter, the fuel formed a "gel" and clogged some shit....
*I havent checked plugs

Anyone? Im thinking after this tank I should be fine. Its a 2004 R6 with 6500 mi.

Thanks alot, Trevor

Last edited by TSD04R6; 03-31-2005 at 04:44 PM.
TSD04R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2005, 05:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
got vinyl?

Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Scott From NJ
Scott From NJ's Garage

got a power commander? try disconnecting it. fixed my problems
Old 03-31-2005, 05:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to blueblur Send a message via AIM to blueblur
blueblur's Garage

I've been having some issues with my bike too :/ http://www.r6messagenet.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=40749

If you haven't changed your plugs yet now might be a good time. Thats what I'm going to try.

Other than that put some fresh fuel in it and maybe a little bit of fuel injector cleaner and see how it runs after that.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Hi , How are ya

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to 6sN7s Send a message via AIM to 6sN7s Send a message via MSN to 6sN7s Send a message via Yahoo to 6sN7s
6sN7s's Garage

^^^ WHat he said, A littel fuel injector cleaner could help out a lot.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Trevor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to TSD04R6
TSD04R6's Garage

Well guys..... As you know I added techron (sp) which is fuel cleaner/injector/"the works" and the bike has ran find for the last 60 miles on this tank.

THANKS EVERYONE!

TSD04R6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement