atempted theft.. hotwired....now won't start......help please : Yamaha R6 Forum: R6MessageNet : YZF-R6 Forums

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   R6Messagenet.com > Yamaha YZF-R6 > R6 Maintenance & Technical

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2007, 01:00 AM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
entersandman21's Garage
Question atempted theft.. hotwired....now won't start......help please

i am at a loss......... my bike got stollen and i recovered it a few blocks away in the woods..... they cut the ignition wires and tried to hot wire it......i found it in the woods down the street.... its an 06 r6 and the kickstand switch is removed.... i have heard that the kickstand switch fries when hotwired..... but what gets fried when its already removed..... i turn the key to on and the gauges turn on code 19 is displayed and the bike turns over... but won't start...... all fuses are good and the ecu is good...... i hope i can get it figured out before august 20th mid ohio track day...........
thanks for any help,
joel

Last edited by entersandman21; 08-09-2007 at 01:36 AM.
entersandman21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2007, 01:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to mk3turb
mk3turb's Garage

no one will help you steal a bike
-Carbon Fiber Scorpion Street Extreme Slip On -Scorpio SR-i500 SE Alarm System -Galfer Stainless Steel Front and Rear Brake Lines -EBC HH Front and Rear Pads -Black Powdercoated Rearsets and Passenger Pegs -Zero Gravity Double Bubble Windscreen -Pazzo Levers -Fender Eliminator -Clear Alternatives Smoked Integrated Rear Tail Light -Flush Mount Smoked Front Turn Signals -Yamaha Solo Seat Cowl -Sato No Cut Frame Sliders -Scotts Damper-
mk3turb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 01:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

entersandman21's Garage

any helpful comments would be appreciated..............
Old 08-09-2007, 01:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
junior

hondaman16's Garage

post a pic of your bike with the ignition switch broken, then you shall find your answers ..
hondaman16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:01 AM   #5 (permalink)

entersandman21's Garage

the switch is fine.... they didn't cram anything in the key hole..... they just cleanly cut the ignition wires stripped them and probably started guessing which ones to touch together..... i soldered the wires back together and it still throws code 19.... is there a reset or will it automatically reset the codes when you try to start it...........

Last edited by entersandman21; 08-09-2007 at 03:13 AM.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
EvO
Buttsecks kthx

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EvO
EvO's Garage

like above...post pictures of your bike with the cut wires and we can help. just think how bad you are looking right now by making your first posts about how to hotwire a 06 r6???

we are not being arses here, but you gotta admit it looks a little suspect.

EvO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:05 AM   #7 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to fischman
fischman's Garage

I don't see how he's asking how to hotwire the bike. He's asking what might have fried. He's not on here saying, someone destroyed my ignition, so I need to know what wires to put together to start my bike. He simply asking what might have fried.

To the o/p, these guys are anal about stolen bikes(rightfully so, I might add). I'd recommend getting a pic with you in it with the key in the ignition and some dated material like a newspaper. That way they'll feel safe providing you with any of the info you might need to get up and running.

Josh
fischman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:38 AM   #8 (permalink)

entersandman21's Garage

i'll get a picture uploded tonight...... i can see why you want proof because i know what its like to wake up and realize my bike was stollen......
Old 08-09-2007, 11:15 AM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to YamRZ350
YamRZ350's Garage

Search this forum for "safety circut relay" and you might get a better idea of what was damaged.
YamRZ350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

entersandman21's Garage
Thumbs up

well i did the search and found one of your last posts on a similar topic.... found the starter relay...... and could hear something rattling around inside it and it tested bad....... so i have a starter relay on order..... i hope thats all that is bad....
thanks for the help,
joel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement