What is the difference between R6 and R6S? : Yamaha R6 Forum: R6MessageNet : YZF-R6 Forums

» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Yamaha YZF R6 Prices
Go Back   R6Messagenet.com > Yamaha YZF-R6 > R6 General

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 06:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dealrocker's Garage
Default What is the difference between R6 and R6S?

I am planing to buy a new bike and pretty much interested in Yamaha R6. When I visited Yamaha website they had R6 and R6s. Just wondering the differences between them.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...!
dealrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2009, 09:03 AM   #2 (permalink)

skyraven's Garage

well... The r6 has performance and style and The r6s two wheels..The r6s has NO performance to it and a little style..On the yamaha web site you can compare the r6 to the r6s ans see the difference in the parts...like the r6s has no slipper clutch. the r6 does..
Old 04-22-2009, 10:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

gofastr6's Garage
Default R6 vs R6s

I use to sell Yamahas, for about five years. Basically, the R6"S" was the R6 until 2006, when a new "track" focused model was introduced as the R6. Sure, a R6 has a little more power, weighs a little less, has better "track" suspension and all the latest technology, but do not overlook the R6 S. Remember, the rider makes the bike. I can out-ride most on a R6 S, due to experience.
If this is to be your first bike, the most important thing for you is which one is most comfortable for you. Think of the R6s as a road bike first and a track bike second and the R6 a track bike first and a street bike second.
gofastr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
www.frontiercycle.com

jebova2301's Garage

if it is your first one, i would recommend the R6s. The plain R6 just seems too twitchy to me. Maybe its because I am used to my 2003 R6.

My 2003 R6 was the first motorcycle I had ever rode. Love it. It wasn't hard to learn on. Smooth as silk. Just a dream. The R6s is the same exact bike.
jebova2301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
bart

granit2006's Garage

Get R6S and you will love it, i have 2005 r6 which is practically same as r6s and is just amazing bike for street and track riding. get R6 if you planning doing track only..
granit2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 12:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

butterknuckles's Garage

I have the 2003 R6 (like others have said is the new 6S) and I love it. Riding position is a little more comfortable than the 06 and up R6 and still fast as hell.....
butterknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 12:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
BADBOYR6

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
BadboyR6's Garage

I love my 03 R6...ive got over 30k miles on it, and i love the bike!
BadboyR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

Eric Keely's Garage

I also have an 2003 R6, with 30040 miles on it, and I also love it!!!
Eric Keely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

killa kali's Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyraven View Post
well...The r6s has NO performance to it and a little style....
congrats, you don't know anything

the R6S has plenty of style and performance -- by the way you talk, i know plenty of folk who would roast you on their "s" model v.s. your R model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastr6 View Post
I use to sell Yamahas, for about five years. Basically, the R6"S" was the R6 until 2006, when a new "track" focused model was introduced as the R6.
the R6 "s" is the '03-'04 model not the '05...the 2005 had the inverted forks and radial mounted brakes..
killa kali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

skyraven's Garage

I take you have an r6s....r6s's have NO performance at all..I have nothing against the r6s..if you like the r6s ..its cool..but if you want performance and style and and being a little uncomfortable on long rides then the r6 is your choice..remember Ben Bostum had a very sucessful championship winning 2008 season. Sporting the Yamaha YFZ-R6 ...NOT an r6s...nothing personal..
Advertisement