R6 Message Net banner

Safe moto parking at apartments?

8K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  wentouch 
#1 · (Edited)
I know that keeping a motorcycle outside an apartment is just asking to get it stolen, but I will have to do just that in a short while. I was thinking about chaining it to the stairs in the breezeway, but someone told me the firemarshall would be all over the apartments about that. About the best I could do is pull it up on the sidewalk and chain it to a small tree. I'd like to buy some kind of concrete anchor thing (seen them advertised in British mags) to chain the bike to. Or, maybe I should just break my lease and share a house with a few college cuties.

See less See more
#4 ·
here in gainesville everyone always brings their bike in the breezeway. they just put em under the stairs where its not in the way and chain it up there. they never get anything said to them.

#5 ·
here in gainesville everyone always brings their bike in the breezeway. they just put em under the stairs where its not in the way and chain it up there. they never get anything said to them.
I'm thinking that's what it's gonna come down to me doing. If the apartment makes a fuss about it, then I will ask if I can have a reserved parking spot with a permanent anchor in the concrete. At my buddies apartment in Memphis, they built things under the stairs to keep people from parking their bikes in the breezeway.

#11 ·
it all depends on where you are, and how bad theft is, i kept mine outside my appt for 4 years and never had a problem of theft, but its all about luck i guess, i had an audible alarm on mine that was pretty loud and it had a blinking led on it, the only problem i had was drunk people wanting to sit on it, but regardless of how you have it, if someone wants it, its theirs, trust me, ive lost keys to almost every kind of lock and chain there is and never had a problem getting them back off, i had a sawsall out in the middle of a parking lot one time sawing a chain in half and didnt even get a second look, get insurance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.